help yes or no apple good or go

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by bunton, Aug 20, 2002.

1. bunton macrumors member

Should i buy jaguar??

I am not sure if i should, should i wait till the next one or what?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you buy Jaguar as soon as it comes out instead of 3 months before the next version ships, you'll get a lot more use for your money.

If you wait until the last minute to adopt, you'll be back here whining you just bought it.

Thought the Family Pack is a good deal for those with more than 1 machine.

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Well.. DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH! IT might be a little buggy, it might not be perfect.. but the truth is, it's a WHOLE lot better than 10.1. So, GET IT!!!!!!!

irmongoose

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i just read somewhere...don't remember where...but the first bug fix for 10.2 could be downloadable within a week of the release date

5. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

not saying it isnt true but, its all just speculation. 10.2 has several little bugs. Some of them that will effect workflow for many people. This is why all the little rumor sites that have acquired a copy of jaguar early ahve been speculating that a minor update will be released quickly. They are probably right. I think most of us here were saying the same thing since we were finding jaguar somewhat lame. But it is all speculation at this point. None of the reports have been written in the 'sources say...' format, but instead are written in the 'we are making this up because it seems like it might happen...' format.

so if you wait a month to buy, you might be pleased to not have to bother with the minor updates that occur after aug 24, but you will also have to use 10.1 for a month while everyone else is enjoying jaguar the new apps and new features. And no doubt as soon as you buy there will be yet another minor update released in the weeks after you buy. Apple seems to be keeping the minor updates flowing freely, so bare in mind that you shoudl probably base your purchase on if you want jaguar now or not and not what apple may release 2 weeks later.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

note in my first post the word COULD....meaning "possibly," "maybe," or "a chance"

7. Choppaface macrumors 65816

it's not going to improve your productivity, but it might be fun to play around in. if you haven't tried it yet, i'd wait till it gets through puberty so as to not ruin your experience with the diff versions of X...maybe by 10.5 or a little later