Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Aperture, May 16, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hello. I sold an emac G4 on ebay a while ago and now the buyer is contacting me saying all of a sudden it went black and there is a clicking sound. Thats all the info. I have right now. If anyone knows of an obvious fix, please tell me. I'm going to try to get more info. soon. I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so sorry if it isn't in the right one.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Proove he's first of all not scamming you, and I don't even think it is your fault if it happened during shipping. That is what shipping insurance is for my friend. See how it all plays out. To me it sound like loose wiring to the screen, or a a broken part connected to the scrren which could be making the clicking noise.

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I just realised what I made it sound like. It worked fine for 2 months after he received it. Now is when the problem came up. I'm just trying to be nice and am looking into the problem for him.

4. York-Diuck macrumors member

York-Diuck

its not your problem, especially after two months. Maybe he did something to it, you'll never know. I would jus avoid the whole situation cause it sounds like it can only go sour

5. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I, know you are trying to be nice but it is the buyers problem now.

6. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Ok, I'll just give him an invoice that indicates the transferring of ownership. I guess your right, for all I know he did it himself.

Thanks

7. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'd send him a polite email pointing the buyer toward these forums, or somewhere else where help can be found. It doesn't sound like the buyer is scamming you or anything like that, but it would probably be best just to stay out of it. It's not your problem, and as the previous post says, you don't have much to gain by getting involved.

8. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Will do. I appreciate all of you replying so quickly.

Thanks!