Help...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cybergypsy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Ok have a macbook and find i like laptops better then desktops, I only use my laptop for emailing and browsing the web, my question is, sold my Macbook and i think i want either a refurbed 15" macbook pro or a new Macbook core2, 15" Money is not really a issue,,, Which should i get.....and why...need the lit keyboard for my sight problems..

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

wait. you sold your macbook and now you're considering buying a macbook? i don't get it?

the macbook hasn't been updated, only the macbook pro. so if you meant you don't know whether to buy the macbook pro NOW or the macbook once it gets updated, then that makes more sense.

personally, i'd probably just get a macbook pro if money isn't an issue. now that there's more of a gap between the lines, the extra money isn't such a waste. plus, who knows when the macbook will be updated. if they've waited this long and only updated the pro, then it's likely the macbook won't see merom at all until january.. perhaps not even until spring.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I think he was saying refurbed 15" MBP or new C2D MBP. he just left off the Pro. Really though I think it is up to you. For your needs I would get the refurb. You won't notice the performance for your uses. However, if you want the latest and greatest, and $$ isn't an issue, splurge.

4. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

yes i meant the macbook pro....sorry

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's like like a blast of light you know, and it only happens in the dark. Arguably the MBP keyboard is less legible in normal light / marginal light when the backlight isn't having the full effect.

6. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I have had all the sizes of the old powerbooks, and liked them ...but have a bad arm and cant carry more then the 15" I type often in the dark...so really need it.......spoke to apple, my cost would be 1799.00 for the 15" still dont know what to do????

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Well, if money isn't an issue, might as well go for the latest and greatest Core 2 Duo 15" MBP.

But if I were you, I'd keep the extra money and buy a refurb 15" MBP since you're not doing anything too hardcore with your computer!