Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BKL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
ok, so as you may be able to tell, i am new here.
when i bought my macbook, i installed the 30 day trial for microsoft word that comes with the computer. then, when the 30 days ran out, i installed the student teacher edition. now, whenever i go to open a document, whether it is one that i created before or after the instalation of the student teacher edition, it just reads: "the operation could not be completed. an unexpected error occurred (error code : 10660)"
i called apple care support, they were of no help, told me they couldnt do anything, and gave me a seattle phone number to call, that was for microsoft word tech suport. i called it, and the number just takes me to a fax machine noise. i have papers on that are saved that are due and i need to access them immediatly.
if someone could help me, that would be utterly amazing

thanks

BKL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
also, i dont know if this is the right place to be posting this.....

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Sorry I can't help with the Word problem, but if you need access to the documents in a hurry you could try installing something like 'NeoOffice', it can read/write word documents pretty well (but not perfectly). It would enable you to view and print them and keep you going till you get Word fixed.

BKL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
thankyou sooo much for the quick replies

it is really appreciated

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.