help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by The New Guy, Feb 22, 2004.

1. The New Guy macrumors newbie

I recently bought a macintosh powerbook 3400c from a friend. i have never used an apple comp before and i am entirely new at this. Anyway, i can't get past the boot-up password because i don't know the password and niether does my friend. It did come with install disks but when used it says that they are older version disks and that i need to use a version greater than 7.1.
    I have no idea what to do. my friend says that those are the disks that came with it, however, none of them work from boot-up. i have read numorous forums and have done numorous searches on google... everything says to try the command + s or simply the s button....this does not work where do i go from here?? help me please.:mad:

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

You want to press the "c" button at startup, not "s". That should enable the machine to boot up off of the CD.

3. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Not to be a pain or anything, but a more explicit thread title would be nice (check out the forum rules ;) )!

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I was going to make the same suggestion, but since he's "The New Guy", I thought I'd take it easy on him :D.