here are the truth

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Romain, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Romain macrumors member

G4 iMac flat panel 1ghz maybe new design( there are G4 upgrade out, so they are to do it )
    iBook with the new Sahara 1Ghz, adn may be new speed bump.
    G5 powermac 1Ghz with new Nvidia technology, but can buy it only in a few weeks.
    Increase speed on the power book 1Ghz

they will call it the 1Ghz revolution.

as well they will upgrade the iPod and make a new digital devise as well as incorporate blue tooth.

Cheers

2. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Wow.

Sounds reasonable.(except for the bluetooth iPod, no Mic input silly) Are you maiking this up, or do you have a source?

If this is true, Ill be kicking myself in the butt for getting a 550 TiBook. Oh well. Love it still.

3. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Re: Wow.

I hope your right about the specs! however, pushing the portable up that quickly is I think unlikely. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

PS. Isn't the 1Ghz Sahara chip going to be quicker than the 1Ghz G4 due to double cache on the Sahara chips? This could be another problem.

4. Romain thread starter macrumors member

It's pure logic.

Some how I doubt that the sahara G3 could be faster than the G4.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

6. Romain thread starter macrumors member

It means that it is all possible, but of cource they might have created a Time Machine.

7. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

It depends...

...on the bus speeds. The Sahara has a 200mhz bus so it can use DDR 2100 RAM. If the Apollo still has the 133mhz bus I think it will be slightly slower in non-Altivec apps (except that it supports Symmetric Multiprocessing, so you can have a dual 1.26Ghz Apollo or a single 1Ghz Sahara). I haven't been able to find any info on the Apollo's bus, although one rumor said 266 like the Athlon.

8. Romain thread starter macrumors member

I would not be surprise by apple running saraha on a slower bus speed. Then releasing a faster on in few months.
    Don't get me wrong I love Apple, but they are first business man.

9. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Re: Re: Wow.

The reason I said that I thought the new G3 might be quicker is because the new sahara chips have 512K of cache (running at full speed) compared with the 256k on the present chips. At the moment the G3 is not that much slower than the G4 at a similar speeds. You could be right about the bus speeds though.