Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CramSoup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Florida
Well the tracker says my powerbook is on the truck for delivery!! This will be the longest day. My office looks right out the window towards the parking lot. How productive do you think I'll be today waiting for this truck??

18thTomorrow

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2004
The Alpha Quadrant
Oh, I know...the waiting, the waiting...my friend and I are having a race to see whose "cram and jam" deal comes first. We ordered at the same time.
His iPod arrived yesterday. Mine still hasn't shown up...it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow but I'm hoping against hope it will be a day early, like his was...

My ibook is scheduled for delivery Monday July 19 "at or before 10:23 am" and I can't wait...except I have to go to a stupid chemical safety seminar at work at 10:00!! :eek: Perhaps I'll have my brother come sign for it...

CramSoup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Florida
In the ten min. since my last post I have watched
A- UPS make a delivery
B- The "new guys "DLH even stopped by
C 4 red cars and a black 911

NO FED EX YET

CramSoup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Florida
Well.... I'm at work....productivity is lacking a tiny bit between "mr fed ex guy" and the british open.

I just hope the fed ex guy isn't having the same kind of productivity I'm having at this moment!!! :)

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
CramSoup said:
Well the tracker says my powerbook is on the truck for delivery!! This will be the longest day. My office looks right out the window towards the parking lot. How productive do you think I'll be today waiting for this truck??

Here is what you do. Go to FedEx.com and print out a picture of the truck and tape it to your window...then you can get even more excited and less work done today. If I were you, I would take a cell phone, go to a movie or park and take the day off...at least until it is delivered...then play to your hearts content with your new toy. :D

Ajmbc

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2003
Louisiana
Same here- My powerbook is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. When my iBook came in a few years ago, I did nothing but pace around the house waiting...

CramSoup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Florida
The waiting is costing me more money :rolleyes: , Now i just ordered a crumpler bag. He came at around 11:30 yesterday so... he should be here ANY TIME NOW!!!!

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
You wouldn't believe what happened to me:

First, we go to grandparents in Mississippi. We check the tracking the next morning, and IT'S BEING DELIVERED!! Thankfully, we signed the thing that lets them leave packages without a signature. Whew. But wait, look at the WEATHER CHANNEL! It's coming a huge storm at home (Arkansas)!! NOOOO. Water+new PowerBook= BAD! Oh boy. And then there's the matter of my dog, who likes to chew things on occasion. Oh joy. This is a time where it's good to have relatives living close by. Uncle goes by, gets the box, (which was wet, by the way) and saves the day!!

Then all I had to do was WAIT and WAIT and WAIT.

It was worth it though, as this is a beautiful piece of machinery. Too bad it's my sister's. :(

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Doh!

The Fedex man came with my Airport Extreme today, but I was sleeping, and missed the him. Ugh, now I have to wait and go pick it up. Oh well. it will be worth it.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
'Out for delivery' can be really frustating. :D , Whenever I am waiting for something, even a small thing like video adaptor, and I see 'out for delivery' in the status, I call Fed-ex 4-5 times atleast, to check if they have some 'latest' whereabouts of the truck :) ..And it always comes in the afternoon.
anyways congrats fr the purchase

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
FedEx Man: "Hmmm I just don't want to let this powerbook go. I must wait as long as possible so I can continue staring at the beautiful box." :D

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
abhishekit said:
'Out for delivery' can be really frustating. :D , Whenever I am waiting for something, even a small thing like video adaptor, and I see 'out for delivery' in the status, I call Fed-ex 4-5 times atleast, to check if they have some 'latest' whereabouts of the truck :) ..And it always comes in the afternoon.
anyways congrats fr the purchase

yeah why does all the good stuff come in the afternoon... there in the depot at 6am saying " right lets do the socks a 8am then the frilly dresses at 10... then right the really expensive stuff powerbook 6pm plasma screen tv 5.50pm"

there only way of having fun

CramSoup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Florida
YOU HAVE TO BE $&!Ting ME!!!! I just walked out of my office and a FEDEx truck is parked across the street just sitting there. I wish I had a camera!!!! He must be on a luch break. I am being totally honest!!! I wish i could send a pic!!!!!

I'm going for a walk!!!!!!!!

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
CramSoup said:
YOU HAVE TO BE $&!Ting ME!!!! I just walked out of my office and a FEDEx truck is parked across the street just sitting there. I wish I had a camera!!!! He must be on a luch break. I am being totally honest!!! I wish i could send a pic!!!!!

I'm going for a walk!!!!!!!!

yea man go get him...say where the hell is my frigin 'book
you feekin fool... how am i ment to take over the freekin world without my freeekin book

matthewr

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2004
I'm a-waitin' too...

I'm also waiting for my PB which is out on delivery right now. Just to tease me, they deliovered my iPod on Tuesday (my Pismo doesn't have firewire, so all I can do with the iPod right now is scroll through the menus and play the games that come with it. Oh, and marvel about how small it is...). Still less than 1 week for a BTO computer is pretty damn speedy! I'm looking forward to getting the new computer: twice as much memory, three times the processor speed, four times the HD space! Oh, and way better looking. It's going to be a long day at work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.