Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Promote the heck out of AirPlay Mirroring feature. It is a killer feature that for whatever reason Apple doesn't seem to want to advertise more and I have never understood why. Every since the Apple TV came out, it has treated it like a step child, hobby...whatever and I hate it.

They should make AirPlay Mirroring available to every iOS and Mac OS device not restrict it to iPad only. I believe it will be a game changer. Also they need to go ahead and release an Apple TV app store so that people can run native apps on it. There is no reason why they can't or shouldn't do it. After all the hard ware already exists for it.

Come on Apple. I know you are probably busy building a game changing iTV television set, but there is no reason to short change current Apple TV owners.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
there is no reason to short change current Apple TV owners.

Ah, but that's what apple does. Makes a product, then makes it obsolete very quickly so you have to go buy the new one. I'm not saying I like it or that I think it's right, in fact, I really dislike Apple's business model, but that's just a lot of what they do.

Example: iPhone 4->4S. Is there really that much different that you will notice on a daily basis? Not really. Sure, there's the new CPU/GPU combo, but I have never noticed my 4th gen touch being slow, so I doubt that's really that noticeable in general.

But, there's Siri, which you can't get on any older device, even though anything with a mic that can run iOS5 would be able to run it. Dumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.