here's iTunes phone

Discussion in 'iPod' started by KKKL, Jun 29, 2005.

1. KKKL macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    this pic was taken when Motorola showed their new models to J.P. Morgan
    i guess this is the iTunes phone

another pic
    [​IMG]
    code: ROKR

2. panphage macrumors 6502

I'm going with "fake". Look at the buttons on the front. Unlabelled and with a circle cut right through them for the "wheel"? Ok, maybe unlabelled because it's a prototype, but the buttons and the scrollwheel being the same surface just seems odd.

3. mac-er macrumors 65816

If that is the phone, I imagine that the bottom part (where the scroll wheel is) is the flip for the phone.

You open that up to talk on the phone, and close it operate it like an iPod.

AppleInsider is reporting that this is the phone.

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

No, this is the iTunes phone. Check out this Easter Egg in iTunes 4.9. Open iTunes preferences, then open display preferences and switch to 256 colors. Now check out the podcast tab in itunes preferences. ;)

Attached Files:

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I wonder if that is a phone. We're still waiting to see what the "Jam Box" thing is, and the description was a lot more ambitious than the Asteroid box that turned up a few months ago.

7. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Its a phone thing for sure. Other info treats the new phones like a shuffle for loading purposes...

Now, I wonder if Apple will have this thing out in large supply quickly rather than suffer the fate of the ipod mini and shuffle which took forever to get to decent supply levels.

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I'm referring to the podcasting icon, though. Apple haven't really integrated podcasts with Shuffle-style loading. It would make more sense to show there a device that was useful for making a podcast, and a phone would be kind of iffy for that.
    What, and pass up a chance for the press to tell how people are buying up the latest Apple toy faster than they can make them? Apple can't buy advertising that good :D

9. MacHarne macrumors 6502

That looks a lot like the RAZR. If Moto was to release an iTunes version of the RAZR, I certainly would like that.