heroes 3 complete question

Discussion in 'Games' started by applecrag, Nov 29, 2006.

1. applecrag macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2004
    hey everyone i have a question about the performance of heroes 3 of might and magic complete. its a pretty old game and it has to run in classic mode (which sucks). anyway when running the game it will automatically quit sometimes whether its single player or multiplayer. just wondering what the problem might be if any of yall knew. and does anyone here play heroes 3? doesnt seem like many play it now...thanks all!
  2. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2003
    I bought a copy of it a while ago for my girlfriend who loves the game. She runs it on a 12" PowerBook and hasn't had any problems.
  3. Chone macrumors 65816

Aug 11, 2006
    I have the original Heroes 3 (no expansions) for the Mac, I got frustrated with it and got Complete for my PC.

Heroes 3 runs fine under classic, sometimes it behaves glitchy but it works, for whats it worth, Complete on my PC crashes once or two per game (games are around 4 to 10 hours each) but since Heroes 3 has an autosave feature its never a problem.

I still play the game when I'm bored, great game, heroes 4 sucked and Heroes V is good and all but I like Heroes 3 still...
  4. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    What a coincidence...I just finished a game mere minutes ago.... And yeah, it did quit once. This never happened when I was using 10.3.7 (and I played many games over many hours with that OS), but it does happen rarely now that I'm using 10.4.8. I think Classic got degraded a little with Tiger...at least one other game now doesn't work at all and it used to work with 10.3....

5. Antares macrumors 68000

I used to play it in OS 9 on my Pismo. Loved it. I wish I could play it on my Core Duo iMac as I never finished the game. Alas, no Classic means no Heroes 3...

But yes, it used to crash on occasion.