Heroes - NBC - Spoilers *PERHAPS*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 7on, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

So the premiere aired tonight. Anyone else catch it (I saw the last half). Wasn't too bad of a show IMO. Then again, super heroes are my favorite genre :rolleyes:

Anyway, seemed like a good preview as to what'll come. Then the flying end was unexpected - and disliked by me somewhat. I hate the flying twist on the characters - completely bad. Why should the naysaying bro get powers too?

Anyway, opinions?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I liked it...I like how they did it...slow and dramatic.

whats up with the chick with the spilt mirror personality....is she bad or good.

Bless

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Heroes, Vanished, and Runaway were on at the same time and I wanted to watch all three but I've got a start on Vanished already.

I was just hoping that the other two weren't any good.

4. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

At least one of the two was :p

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

So, which one was good? :D

I started watching Kidnapped on NBC last Wednesday but I can't imagine they're going to make a whole season of one family and a kidnapped son.

It seems similar with Nine. Will they be held captive in a bank for 13 weeks? That'll stink. Maybe, they'll go into a different branch every week and be held hostage there. At least, they'd be fresh.

These people should start talking to people outside the industry. They seriously need an influx of ideas. :eek:

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I missed the first ten or fifteen minutes of "Heroes", but I guess I got the gist of it. I wasn't as wowed by the show as I hoped I would be, but I'll tune in again next week and stick it out for at least a few more episodes. I did appreciate Hiro's shout-out to Kitty Pryde. :D

Based on what little we know so far, I'm guessing that Ali Larter's character (the single mom) has a kind of "Hulk" thing going on. As last night's bad guys discovered, you shouldn't make her angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry.

Same here. I mean, as long as they're putting Dana Delaney on my television screen every week, I'll keep tuning in. But I don't know how much mileage they can get out of this premise.

Has that one already premiered? Did I miss it?

7. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Overall, a 6 out of 10. It was a bit slow, tedious, and gloomy.

The only redeeming quality of the show is Hiro (who can pause time and teleport), so I'll likely keep watching because of him.

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Good idea marred by horrible execution. Uuugh.

I flipped between trying to like it and hating it.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooo sloooooooooow. It's clear they're just trying to mimic the "Lost" method of storytelling. I predict a season of 10 plot threads, none of which will be resolved, each episode dragging along after the next.

It's still on my TiVo Season Pass but I've no hesitation to blow this sucker away.

Oh, and the opening pre-credit sequence? The worst bit of writing since the opening crawl of "Star Wars, Episode I."

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Nine hasn't premiered.

I've just seen the various previews and I'm wondering about where they could go with it. Over the years, I've seen a lot of shows where a bank robbery went wrong and the robbers are stuck in the branch. I think it's particularly tough to get an hour out of it, let alone a season.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It was only the pilot so the pace was fine. If this show do stick then I would like them to pick the pace up and move it along and cut back with the filters.

Bless

11. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

I believe that the show "The Nine" is going to focus more on their lives after the bank robbery - so they won't be in the bank the whole season.

Dana Delaney is only doing one season in the other show.

As for Heros, I thought that it was pretty good. Entertaining with the potential for some plot twists. The professor annoys me with his '1,000 mile stare.' I wonder how long he worked on that look. It's a bit like 'blue steel.'

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Ali Larter. Wow. I'll watch.

12. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I liked it, kind of a rip off of the 4400, but I guess super powers aren't exactly a new concept.

But, I'll watch it again.

13. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Seemed very "Lost"-like to me.. being mysterious for the sake of being mysterious. My wife was out after the first 5 minutes. I made it all the way through but probably won't continue.

14. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

It was a lot like Lost. Especially with the way they started with seemingly random people but it turns out they're all connected to each other of course. It was pretty good though. the part where the girls hand goes in the garbage disposal was... interesting.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That convinces me that it won't work for me. :) Lost is such a waste of time and money that I can't believe that people watch it. Then again, I didn't like Seinfeld or Everyone Loves Raymond or Friends. I suppose you have to love randomness to watch any of these.

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Well, they hint at "greater goods" (and "bads"), and "higher purposes", blah blah.. but ultimately, it's a mysterious copy-cat show (IMO). Yes, super heroes and whatnot (un-Lost-like), but NO ONE can deny that the show's 'appeal' is in the mysteries that viewers want the answers to... What are their powers? How did they get them? Who is the bad-evil-man? Why are they on the island? Who are the others? Oh wait..

If it's not a Law & Order spin-off, it'll probably be a failure on NBC. Look for Law & Order: Boca Raton Traffic Cops later this fall. ;)

17. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You mean X-men. :D It's not original, but it's still a different take on things. I thought it was interesting, but you know they're going to pointlessly draw it out for as long as possible.

ALL the new dramas on the major networks these past few seasons have been doing the same thing. Lost, Prison Break, Surface, etc. It does get a little tiring. It's like watching one of those talent shows and when they go to announce the winner: "And the winner is............. NOT person a....................... person b, it's not you................................................................................... (5 minutes later) person D is the winner!"

Well I think you get what I mean.

I'll watch Heroes if it's convenient. But when something better like 24 returns for a new season I won't hesitate to change the channel.

18. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Can't believe no one has mentioned Unbreakable yet: Ordinary world filled with ordinary people, but every so often someone turns out to have an extraordinary ability, which they discover through a process of trial and error. We even have a bad guy in both places, although we don't know much about Heroes' bad guy (if that's even what he is) yet.

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

That was my thought on watching the previews for it.

I enjoyed Heros and will probably continue watching for the time being just to see how it goes. I also enjoyed Kidnapped but I think that one is more due to being a fan of Jeremy Sisto than any real plot reasons. I'd predict Kidnapped to be cancelled first. Heros is going to be around for awhile if only due to the SciFi channel re-runs it and if it doesn't do well on NBC I could see it being a SciFi channel series.

I watch too much TV as it is so canceling these shows would only be a good thing....

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I saw it as a free preview awhile ago. Just saw the first ep, but heard some stuff about the next couple of them. The bad guy was supposed to be a terrorist, but they changed it to a serial killer. It's ok so far. I might watch it if nothing else is on.

Most of the new shows don't interest me though sadly.