Heroes Season 1, part 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleGuy08, Jan 22, 2007.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

EDIT: not season 2! im an idiot!

Wow, that season premiere was awesome! I hope those who are Heroes fanatics caught the sneak peek that aired on Deal or No Deal! I wont go give a summary or anything, but what a great episode. Theres no way Petrelli is the bomb, what do yall think?

BTW that invisible fight was sick too!

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Is it really? i know the story is on chapter 12 i think. thats confusing. i guess they just needed a break or something eh? :eek:

4. BGAYLOR07 macrumors member

I haven't watched it yet! I'm at work but I recorded it and can't wait to get home and watch!! :D

5. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

That show is the reason I'm tired this morning. I had to stay up late (for me) to see it in Hi Def. I'll bet Peter isn't the bomb, but he will be in contact with the guy out in the desert who is going to be. Peter's brother needs to get off his butt and fly more.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The girl who plays nikki/jessica did a hell of a job acting last night. I got chills watching her play the split personality. Usually its into a mirror or something but this time it was just back and forth right in front of her lawyer. Wicked.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's still boring, unfortunately. :(

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

It was OK, more of a setup of things to come.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

speak for yourself, I think HEROES is a terrific show. Its even better than LOST because the actually answer questions posed earlier in the show. Its great fun to watch.

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Lost is lost, for certain. Heroes has a moment each episode.

Unfortunately, if it's like most NBC sci-fi, it will come near the conclusion and it will be cancelled.

11. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

did anyone notice the logo on the sword hiro saw? it looked exactly like the one modinher's father had during his project. the sword was supposedly what controlled the samurai's powers (also links to hiro's future as a sword master) and the project is supposed to be finding out what genes are the hero genes and wake those up. perhaps this is evidence that the heroes project isn't new...it's kinda confusing. i think we'll see some kind of connection between the sword and the list eventually.

and jessica/nikki seems to have almost nothing to add to the storyline. i would like to see a connection between the family and the rest very soon, otherwise she's almost like another kim bauer.

12. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Can someone give me a synapsis of this show? I am not good with TV shows as I cannot follow each show every week or so.

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

14. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Mods thank you for changing the title of the topic! But yah ill have to agree, there is no way peter is the bomb, hes just freaking out or something. I wish Nathan would fly more too! geez hes only used it twice. That invisible fight was basass though. Cant wait to see when, as the commercials say "2 heroes unite."

15. kerpow macrumors 6502

I was a little disappointed with this weeks episode only because it had been hyped up so much by one of the cast. A friend of mine interviewed Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh) about a month ago who, while discussing the show, mentioned how exciting it was filiming this episode.

As others have said, its setting up new story lines and will probably be better in the weeks to come.

16. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

I think Heroes is great - well written and engaging. I can't think of a better show on tv right now. As long as they don't drag it out for too long (like lost), or cancel it mid-story...

17. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Heroes was good tonight - it keeps building....

18. nitynate macrumors 6502a

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The only thing that surprised me about the episode is that George Takei really can speak Japanese.

It's nice to know that the invisible dude is hanging out in people's bedrooms. :D

<goes back to sleep>

20. elbennet macrumors member

the symbol on Hiro's sword is the same at Nikki/Jessica's tatoo on her shoulder blade- although they've only shown it on her when she's Jessica I think........it's gotta mean something later...........I wouldn't be suprised if it happen to be on Claire's new necklace either

21. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I think Heroes learned not to screw its viewers like Lost did.

Talk about Irony, he was trying to talk his brother out of going and saving the Cheerleader. It ends up being his daughter.

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Just FYI, George's accent is one of someone who has memorized lines. The same with Hiro and his friend. Hiro can speak japanese but is not native. The only person who had a native accent was Hiro's sister.

Agreed. Heroes actually answers questions is poses instead of posing more questions like Lost does.

The scene where Claire and her mother showed each other their powers gave me chills. Great acting.

23. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

A bit predictable though. My wife called it last week, I was skeptical since it seemed too obvious. The real question to me now is "Is Nikki/Jessica pregnant with another of Nathan's illegitimate children?"

Could prove to be a nice twist for upcoming seasons especially if Jessica turns out to be a bad guy....

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The sword may be for killing "bad" heroes. Or people with the symbol. ????

25. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple