Heroes - T.V. Series

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleGuy08, Oct 7, 2006.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Anybody else watch them religiously like i do? I love that show! Its so interesting how they are all connected in one way or another. And to think, they haven't even introduced all the characters yet! Ive got the first 2 episodes on my ipod.

Anybody else love this show?

2. stevehp macrumors 6502

I watched the first episode. It was okay...I think it could be on the NBC chopping block though...Cancellation fever is in the air in the coming weeks...

Smith already got the axe, as did Vanished...I hope heroes isn't next.

3. Ezekiel macrumors newbie

WHAT?????

Vanished got axed? That's the best show on TV. When do they axe it, now or after the first series has finished?

As for heroes, I think it is pretty great and it seems like a show that will get a lot better as it goes along.

4. stevehp macrumors 6502

See edit below:

[edited] but they have allowed them to finish the season with a proper ending (unlike Smith which is just donnnne).

I use this site for all my tv news...It's the best on the web in my opinion...Keeps me in the loop!

http://www.thetvaddict.com

EDIT: WHOOOPS. I was wrong about vanished...It was moved to Friday's which basically means it's on the chopping block. KIDNAPPED got cancelled...SORRY!!!

5. Ezekiel macrumors newbie

Thanks, but disappointed to find Kidnapped is being axed too. I think Vanished is far superior to Lost or (even the good) 24.

Ah well, can't win them all.

EDIT: argh... don't play with my heartstrings like that. I had the noose tied and was on the chair!!!! ;)

6. stevehp macrumors 6502

I was wrong :eek: ...check my edit above...sorry! but vanished on friday's is still a bad sign.

Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. I think studio 60 on the sunset strip is the best show on t.v. right now...critics aren't digging it though.

7. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

i agree with stevehp. i think itll get alot better in the coming weeks.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There is a whole thread on this already here.

I saw a little of Heroes and didn't find it particularly compelling and neither was Runaway that runs in the same slot.

I'm glad to hear that Vanished is being moved to Friday because there was absolutely nothing decent to watch on Friday night t.v.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I thought Heroes was terrible. I only saw the first episode, but I have no desire to see the rest of the season.

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I think the problem with Heroes is that one hour episodes don't wrap up neatly in the short term story, while also delving into a deeper story arc. Shows like this (except 24) don't usually work well in the ratings. Plus as I mentioned in a previous thread, the characters seem angry and sad which doesn't make for good TV. They're taking themselves way too seriously, especially in light of the unknown plot which involves a nuclear explosion in the city.

11. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Just finished watching episode 4 and all I can say is wow. The end of both eps 3 and 4 leave you wanting more... That is good tv.

12. jlcharles macrumors 6502

i've got this weeks episode on my DVR. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Heroes isn't going anywhere. It's ratings are higher than both shows up against it, 2 and a half men and old christine.

13. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The show has definitely been getting better. I was almost ready to drop it after episode 3 but kept with it to see how it went. I'm now somewhat glad I have. I can echo the sentiments about Studio 60 as well, I find it's one of the shows I anticipate most in a given week. Kidnapped didn't hold me, I like Sisto a lot but the plot didn't pull me in enough to devote an hour a week to it.

Heroes will finish out the season, although not necessarily on NBC. They re-run eps on Fridays on the Sci-Fi channel and it might fit better there as long as it's not too costly.

As for Vanished, Firefly and John Doe also ran on Friday nights on Fox during baseball playoffs, it's the kiss of death.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

New shows Im liking are Standoff, Justice, and Studio 60.

and Heros was picked up for a full season by NBC.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, Kidnapped got moved to Saturday and they had some new game show instead of it. 1 against 100, or something like that, was the name of it.

Vanished isn't due back on air until the 29th now. Of course, Fox likes to end things quickly so I'm surprised that they haven't just dropped it without a word.

I'm still not liking Heroes but compared to watching Donnie Wahlberg in Runaway, it's better than laughing at the poor acting.

I think my t.v. has been off more lately than any other time except the hurricanes' power outages.

16. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Hiros

I am currently watching the marathon. I originally decided not to watch, because I was sure it would get canceled. Didn't even know what day or time it was on. But now that it's been picked up for an entire season I guess it deserves a chance. I missed the first ep but just finished the second. My judgement? Look at all the beautiful people. Some of it's pretty corny, but I like Hiro and the stripper with the violent alter ego. Kinda hard not to think of X-men every second your watching this thing. At least it's a hell of a lot better than crap like Mutant X.

17. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Um, Lost?

18. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I have a love/hate relationship with Heroes.

I love the concept but hate the execution. I hate how they copy Lost in their storytelling methodology. The worst part is having all these characters split up, not interacting with each other. Hiding secrets from the viewers to spring them upon us later ("Look how clever us writers are!").

With that said, I gave Heroes 4 episodes on my Tivo. Episode 3 was much improved and 4 is tonight. Barring a horrible show, Heroes will just *barely* make it on my watch list.

This show needs to start going somehwere quickly with some payoff, though. It's a lot of "work" with little reward thus far.

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You know that they'll come together just in time to save NYC, unless of course, it's canceled before that episode is finished.

20. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Or they could screw things up and everyone dies, but with Hiro's powers they'll always get a second chance. (Assuming he doesn't die.)

21. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

It's all for Sale

Gotta love that Tim Sale art work. Gotta hate that new tagline. They really need to drop it or they're not going to gain any new viewers.

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Any series that has Ali Larter cast as a cyberstripper has got to be worth watching. ;)

23. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

You mean there is a show on NBC that does not suck?
    Sorry had to put that in.

My friend recommended this show to me a few times, i never had the time to watch it but it seems like i will be starting soon.

24. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Studio 60, My Name Is Earl, The Office, Law & Order (and its variations)...

25. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Hmmm, maybe if I was wearing your dark glasses, I would feel the same way.