hersh: The Redirection

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 25, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

new yorker

long but informative article about the complex political mechanisms in the middle east. of particular interest to me were the comments by and about Nasrallah, and the parallels between iran-contra and the bush administration's behind-the-scenes activities.

i can't help thinking that the end result of all this -- war on iran or not -- will be 100 new bin ladens in the next 20 years.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

So Bush broke his old toys and he's finding new ones to play with? Is this entire administration filled with blood-thirsty megalomaniacs? How can they not see the consequences of picking sides in this fight? Of starting another war?

I'm really getting beyond the point where I can think on it anymore. It would seem to me that starting fights all over the world and relying solely on superior firepower to make your point is not only stupid but a ****** thing to do to people. My only hope is that karma will one day come back to bite W on the ass. (So far it's only biting the armed forces on the ass. I want personal consequences for him.)