Hewlett-Packard to stop selling Apple's iPods

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by amac4me, Jul 29, 2005.

1. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Hewlett-Packard Inc. has decided to stop reselling Apple's popular iPod portable music player, the Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site Friday. The two companies have reportedly confirmed that H-P will immediately phase out sales of the iPod through its retail distribution partners, whom H-P notified of the changes Thursday. "They've decided that reselling iPods doesn't fit with their company's current digital media strategy," the Journal quoted Apple spokeswoman Katie Cotton as saying.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cbsmb/050729/f66d073688fd4e21b847a27a99e47e3e.html?.v=1

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

probably didn't make 'em all that much money anyways, was good exposure for Apple though

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I didn't like the idea with the iPods being sold thru HP. Not one bit.

I don't know one person who bought one through HP.

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Well, it was kind of nice to see the iPod in places Apple doesn't typically place merch, like my local Costco Warehouse, but I don't think HP was really selling as many units as anyone hoped. Don't think it will have a big impact on Apple either way.

5. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc