Hey bikers! Good bike seats?

Discussion in 'Community' started by livingfortoday, Sep 1, 2005.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Ever since I read this article in the Independent online, I've been terrified of riding my bike:

"Articles in next month's Journal of Sexual Medicine report a direct link between cycling and erection problems. Studies of cyclists, including bicycling policemen in the US, have found that their erections are not only less frequent, but tend to last for shorter periods.

The elongated shape of bicycle seats could be responsible. Several new studies published in the journal have found evidence that, as a cyclist pedals, blood flow and oxygen to the genital area is cut off."

So... anyone know of any good bike seats for guys that don't... "compress" vital areas?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

3. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

That's a pretty interesting looking bike seat. $50 seems kinda a lot to ask for it, but I guess when it's your vital organs that are risk, no price is TOO high.

4. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

I dont see that seat hitting the masses very soon. Not only does it look terribly uncomfortable, but I just cant imagine it working in the long run. Maybe for a casual biker, but for someone that rides 20-30 miles a day to and from work, I just dont see it.
    They make seats with a V cut out of the back most area, taking soem direct pressure off of your, for lack of a better word, "gouch" (thank you mtv). I dont know how much they help, if any, but they do sell them for this reason.