hey dukestreet, mischief and i never got around to crop circle

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Nov 30, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

while i still feel a crop circle is entirely possible to do...but some are very hard...we have not got around to it

hopefully i will contact mischief and we can do it after the holidays

my wife and i went to a rural corn husk doll making workshop and the lady leading the workshop made a reverse crop circle

she partitioned out an acre, drew up a plan, and planted a very geometric pattern which could only be seen from the sky

it took intense planning because all the different plants she used bloom and leaf at different intevals so she had to plant different plants at different times so it would all come together at a certain time each year

she got a crop duster friend of hers to fly over the santa clara county property to photograph it and i was blown away

of course, a reverse crop circle is not something that anybody would attribute to nature or an alien, but it was interesting to see her undertake a project she would never see unless she got up in an airplane

she made it a point to make her crop circle more massive than anything ever made or created in the crop circle genre

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You'll have noticed that I never pushed the issue, I think you'll end up either failing miserably or designing one very fugly design that only vaguely reminds anyone of looking at a crop circle through the bottom of an old glass coke bottle.....;)

Just waiting for the pics,

D

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

when i was a very young boy, i never thought i would have anything to do with girls, since they had cuties

i have serious doubts about pulling off a crop circle in just a few hours, but maybe like puberty and dating, suprising things are in store for me when i jump feet first into making crop circles

my first attempt at asking a girl for a date failed and so will my first crop circle, but with practice, things get better

i think world class crop circles are done from people who really planned their art and had years of practice

i just have to get the courage to start and my biggest fear is people laughing at me when they see me out there with rope, string, rakes, poles, and a protractor at the beach

my wife thinks i am nuts but i assured her i wouldn't take a lot of time

crop circles are sometimes made in just a few hours in some cases, and to be fair, i will not spend any more than four hours on one

i am sure someone could spend a month on one and make it world class but that is cheating...crop circles tend to pop up in just hours...that's what is amazing

i will want to try in the light of day first, then i will try night at the beach

if i had a big field i could call my own, i would go for a plant based crop circle with the flattened grass and all

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was giving you a good taunting - if you get anything done it will be great, and you could easily get local publicity for the event. You'd get your 15 minutes of fame.

D