Hey guys!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Machead III, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Machead III macrumors 6502

Machead III

Hey guys, my name is Machead III but most just call me Mac, but here that isnt gonna be so easy :D

Anyways, I have used a Mac for a very long time, I went from a Plus to a IIcx to a Performa 640 and then took a giant leap to an iMac 400mhz, soon Im hoping to get a flat panel but Im saving the cash right now :p

Um, ok, well this will hopefully be my second real forum, my first ever being the War3.com boards in which have been for over a year now, and won Best Ideas poster and Best Veteran award, and I created their official newsletter (The War3 Times) which forum I mod, so I can assure you all Im not a spammer, and after nearly 3k posts there I havent been banned yet :D

There I am Machead II, the Mac user of the boards, there only a few of us and every so often a Mac vs. PC war breaks out, we always win of course :D

So I have been checking MR for almost a year aswell now, not relally the forums but the main page, and its my first stop for Apple news really, cos theres a great community here, and I hope I can join it! :)

PS. Oh ya and is it possible to upload your own avs here? Thx

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Welcome to the MR community! May the MR force be with you... :p

Anyways, if by avs you mean avatar, you have to get 500 posts to get an avatar, and yes, then you can upload one of your own.... max 50x50 pixels.

This might seem small... and actaully it is... but this site gets much more traffic than many other forums....

Enjoy!

irmongoose

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Where's king cobra! This is a simillar intro that he did, but much more tactfully and with more thought. ;)

Glad to have you on board, you might find one or two members here who know you from the other site if you're lucky.

And please don't race to get a enough posts for an avatar, boosting post count for that gets you flagged. If you want a 'tar before 500 there is a semi-annual avatar contest and the next one is in December. You can enter there and maybe you'll win and get to keep you 'tar.

Good luck! :D

D

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy posting. I know I have. If you really love the community hang out in community disscussion. If you like fights, and a lot of technical stuff that only 3 people in the world could possibly understand then hang out in hardware rumors. If you want to post about 2 posts in the next 2 years, hang out in the recruitment section (or the old vets section). Well, have fun posting.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(duke) Where's king cobra! This is a simillar intro that he did, but much more tactfully and with more thought. ;)

Hah! As soon as I was halfway done reading his post I first thought about my little intro post.

Great minds think alike, duke and MacIII. :)

If you are looking to boost post count, bad idea. Echoing what duke said, you will not be allowed on the forums and you will be removed. Have you talked to Mr. Spam lately? :D

>(scem0) If you like fights,

which should be reported and not dealt with publically...

>and a lot of technical stuff that only 3 people in the world could possibly understand then hang out in hardware rumors.

Bulls**t, scembag. Liar!!! Shut up!! :D
    That's the type of stuff you report, MacIII. :)

The hardware rumors are supposed to be rumors, not only a discussion on facts. There are going to be some unknowing individuals. Give them a calm explanation and make them feel welcome. There are some people who have neither a welcoming behavior, nor can generate an intelligent discussion if he tried, and you'll recognize that by any very offensive posts or just plain "pain in the [donkey]" types of posts.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the forums, regardless of what first post anyone has. It will pass, and so will your ego. :cool:

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It is true that rumors are supposed to be discussed in mac rumors, but a lot of the time those rumors involve discussions about high tech things. And when people talk about the oscilations of the 4350 chips at a 20º frame rate multiplier, then I begin to go to the next thread. :D hehe, I am well aware that that the whole 'oscilations of the 4350 chips at a 20º fram rate multiplier' makes no sense whatsoever, but I am trying to make a point ;). It is just that people talk about high tech semiconductor stuff, and high tech programing stuff, and I have no clue what they are talking about. I couldn't imagine too many people knowing what they are talking about. I have plenty of years before I have to figure all the high tech stuff out though, I am only 15.

I don't like fights. Sometimes I like to read them :D, they can be quite amusing, but usually they are just immature bantering. But I like to participate in fights when they are on subjects I like to talk about (for instance - religion). Even though religion threads are prone to close minded christian biggots, they are still fun to argue on - and fun to read. :D

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

So, scem. You're theory is this?

"Don't talk out of your ass. Rather, listen to how amusing it can come out of others." :D [​IMG] :rolleyes: :eek:

I can see MacIII laughing his ass off once in a while. :p

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

WOW! That is such a good way of putting it. I would never have thought......

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

11. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

i just noticed that after he greeted us, he was beseiged with greetings from members with avatars telling him to not hurry in getting his.:D i think that is the old carrot in front of the mule trick.:D :D

12. medea macrumors 68030

medea

welcome to the group, and I'm sure won't be a problem like some have been in the past (actually recently.)
    I'd like to think we all agree to disagree, just no hateful flaming or spamming and pay attention to the forums so you don't start posting topics in the wrong places. see you around.

Attached Files:

• 58.gif
      58.gif
      File size:
      2.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The reason for that is he mentioned how to get one - so its just a friendly warning because there have been plenty of abuses of it in the past. And as for all the posting by members with tars, well, they all post more than the average user, so they have tars, right?

D

14. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Right, so you can post 20 posts a day and have as of today over 7300 posts...right...

I'm curious...does part of the 20 posts a day come from posting in the private forums, or does it come in spurts...

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha! Spurts, mostly. I had some crazy days this past summer where I did a over a 100 a day, mostly from work when it was really slow and I could spend sometime online. It also helps to have other people to give you something to talk about and that wasn't a problem - there were a lot more people active over the summer. And when I was mod for the contests it picks up a bit too.

Now I post less, and not much on weekends. But I am a mod and frequent here a bit. And even though there are a few posts in the private forums, its not as active as the rest of the site, so it only adds a few.

D

16. job macrumors 68040

job

Greetings and welcome to Macrumors.

- hitman AKA Mr. Spam

17. vniow macrumors G4