hey haven't been on in a while

Discussion in 'Community' started by dualburn001, Dec 28, 2003.

1. dualburn001 macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2002
    hey all,

Recently I have been assigned a job to convert a 35mm photographer to all digital. i.e new camera, computer, scanner etc. Of course since this 40 year old woman has never used a computer mac os x would be the obvious choice. However, all of her "tech-savvy" friends have told her to get a dell. How can I win her over with either a top of the line iMac or a bottom line powermac. Money isn't that big of an issue. Any predictions for mwsf would help as well =]

thanks in advance guys
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    For starters, Macs come with iPhoto. And you don't have to hunt down drivers to get cameras connected. They just work.

Apple understands color management, which should be important to a serious photographer.

And since she's new to computers, she'll want the best possible experience with all the aspects other than photography, such as learning to use the operating system. For that, Macs are known to be friendlier.

And she'll have all of us to help her if she has any questions!
  3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Tell her that Macs are the best and obvious choice for use with digital photography. Convince her that in the long run it will be cheaper to run the mac. Also, try to scare her with windows viruses and tell her that it is very likely a virus will take over her computer and erase all her digital pictues. ;)