Hey, help me out with a Winblows/Firefox problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenvii, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

A friend has a Dell computer running Windows XP Home, SP2. He uses Firefox. But recently he updated to 1.0.4, and bam Firefox can't go online. I tested IE, and it goes online fine, so it's a problem with Firefox. He was using 1.0.3 or whatever was before 1.0.4, and it was going online fine.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

does he have any bad extensions? i updated my mom's to 1.0.4 and it doesn't like bandwidth tester, some serious problems but it'd at least run :confused:
    oh, btw, are you sakor1, a mod over at http://www.notebookforums.com ? he has your same awesome avatar so wondered if it was you

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's kind of odd. Check Connection Settings in Tools -> Options to see if there's anothing out of place there..

4. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Why was this thread moved to Mac Applications? It has nothing to do with Macs, so I put it in the community forum?

I doubt he has any extensions, he's not the most computer-savvy knife in the drawer.

(No I'm not Sakor, he must've picked it up somewhere. I made this avatar and used it a few years ago in AMDZone. So it has a few years to get around :))

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

ah, ok, lol just wondering :D