Hey, Hey, Hey Goodbye....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juventuz, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

wow, and i thought you were making a fanfare about not posting here anymore or something... ;)

3. Juventuz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

LOL, nope. But I'm sure some BoSux fans wish I was. ;)

4. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Yeah, the curse lives on! All the way, YANKS!

5. Juventuz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I know you're all caught up in the win, but it's Yankees/Marlins ;)

6. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i don't care about the yanks or baseball, but here is an exchange some friends of mine had through me:

peter: tell anthony the yankees f***ing suck
    me: ok, just a sec.

me: peter says the yanks "f***ing suck"
    anthony: thats why we're the best

me: he says that's why they're the best
    peter: dude, what a bastard!

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Ah funny. Really!

Anyways, riots, yet again, are the order here. That means I'm hungry and I can't go to Star Market because it's too damn close to Fenway.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Almost forgot. In addition to Bucky f***ing Dent, there's now Aaron f***ing Boone.

9. jywv8 macrumors 6502

I'll bet most Cubs fans were rooting for the Yankees to win. I know I was. I mean, hey, if we're still cursed then those Red Sox better still be cursed, too. Misery loves company.

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That was the first thought that I had also when I saw the thread, Quite a suprise.

I dislike sports, it's just a game of millionaires. Men that never grew up play a boys game. Athletes that are actors for a living.

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Oh wdlove, I feel for you. It is sad that you can not see the true colors of baseball. Truth be told it is a boys game, it brings back the fond memories of when we were young. Sunny days at the ball park with pop eating hot dogs and soda. Explaining the greats, the national past time. ah yes.... but I would disagree that it is a game of millionaires. When it's the bottom the 11th, your season is on the the line, expectations running high, and your dreded opponent is just as close to victory as you are, the last thing that is on the mind is money. It's all about heart. Sure its played by millionaires, but its not all about the money. The Yankees/Res Sox game seven was so great. It was like two little league teams giving it their all out on the playground. To me it was art. That night was pure magic, something I will never forget for the rest of my life, and I will be sure to tell my grandchildren about. I wish you could of experienced what I did, perhaps your opinon would differ.

13. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Athletes as actors is a great analogy, wdlove. After all, "all the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages"--or should I say one man on his team plays many parts, his acts being nine innings? :)

That's why I love sports, baseball in particular. It's great drama. Far better than most network dramas. An 80-year grudge that goes down to the last inning--who has the most nerve--a manager's misguided trust in his ace pitcher but who's getting fatigued from too many games and too many innings, a young third-basemen low on the lineup of a team of all-stars whose moment in history suddenly comes when he jacks one?

And I will never, ever forget the way the Cubs went down when the foolish fans fought for a ball they should have let their own left-fielder take. Kerry Wood, the whole team, lost their collective nerve, and an even longer curse lives on. I mean, it's Shakespearean tragedy at its finest.