Hey! I have a switcher!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by leekohler, Mar 29, 2005.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey guys! I've got a switcher and he just signed up here. He wants to tell his story. He should be here in a minute. He's just waiting on his confirmation e-mail.

2. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oopsl-he was going to. He still hasn't gotten his confirmation e-mail. We'll try again tomorrow. :(

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

He's still switching from fountain-pen to keyboard... this might take a sec y'all...

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I wish I'd gotten an introduction to MR with this much buildup! :D

5. ct77 macrumors member

I switched from cereal to a bagel for breakfast today. :D

OK, just ignore me, I haven't had my coffee yet. ;)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You're in the wrong forum, then. You want breakfastrumors.com. But bagels are a good thing, so taking your mis-posting and your choice of edibles into account, I'd say it's basically a wash. If it's a salt bagel or honeywheat, you might even come out ahead in the game. :D

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well because he has yahoo mail, he hasn't been able to get on. Comcast never gave him his e-mail address, so now he has to call them and go through all that wonderful customer service garbage.

8. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

What is the point in this? ::walks back into cave::

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

The point was that I have a friend who switched form a Gateway to a 12" iBook just a few weeks ago. He just wanted to come on here and talk about his experience so far. BUT- because he has a Yahoo e-mail address, MacRumors won't let him in the forums. I don't think he's going to bother with it now. That's OK, I understand that there are rules that have to be followed to avoid risk to the site. So somebody can trash this thread if they want. :)

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Get him a dang Gmail account... there's a whole thread here with Gmail invites.

11. The Black Rock macrumors regular

Why not just have him e-mail you his story, so you can post it here in his stead?

12. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Sheesh! Gmail is counting up to 2 GB (live!). Get it now... PM me with his email and he can get 2 GB of the best web mail on the planet WITH free POP3 access.

13. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Are you sure that it will only be 2 Gb? With their 'infinity + 1 " offer is seems that there will be unlimited storage?

aussie_geek

14. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Gigabits aren't the same as Gigabytes... if we were talking Gigabits, then we'd have plenty of space... 16 Gb = 2 GB

15. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think I've personally "switched" over 100 people. Almost every single day some PC user comes up to me while I'm using my PowerBook in the coffee shop and asks me about the Mac. I've got the whole song and dance down to the precision of a telemarketer. I know Apple must be doing something right because the frequency of these encounters has definitely been accelerating over the last few years (no doubt the "iPod Halo Effect"). I should be getting commissions from Apple.

Now what is the deal about nobody with a yahoo email account being allowed to post on MacRumors? I have never heard of that before. Good luck to your switcher friend.