Hey! New member..and mac user here!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Golden_315, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Golden_315 macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    Hey there! Found this fourm today. I've only had a mac for about 2 months now and a friend of mine reccommended this place so...here I am!

I'm taking a computer science class right now so you'll probably find me hanging around the Programming section..and the games. :D

Errrr...and if you see my name you can probably guess what i'm going to ask but...could someone of power kill the @hotm from my name...I didn't realize my autofill had done that. Thanks
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
  3. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2005
    38° 12'47.72" N 85° 31'54.63" W
    Welcome to the community.. Hope you enjoy all that you find.
  4. Golden_315 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    Ah yeah i'll put the mac I have in my signature. gimme a minute.
  5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
  6. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    1. You don't have to copy+paste your sig into every single post. To create a signature, simply go to the top of the screen, click Quick Links, and click Edit Signature.

2. You are a newbie, so you can change your username. Do it before you reach Member status, because after that you will lose the capability.

Welcome to the forums!
  7. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us do!

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]
  8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    still using hotmail?

in the words of napolean dynamite- "GROSS"

hope over the the "gmail invite" thread (do a search) and join gmail while you're at it
  9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Hi, and welcome to the board, Golden. :) I'll give you the low-down on how things work around here.

Okay, if you see my name in a thread, you know that thread is special because I'm posting in it. That's when you nod your head with me in agreement, because you need to remember that Abstract is always right.....even when he's wrong.

You still following me? Good.

And to initiate new members to MacRumors, every new member must name their first born son after me. My real name is Hercules Poindexter III. If your first child is a girl, you must name her Herculette.

Hey, I didn't make up the rules around here. You just have to follow them.

*looks at his screenname*

Um....I'm pretty sure you could have just sent him one. I know his full email address is cut off, but still. :p

Anyway, I sent you a Gmail invite in case you didn't have one.

A friend recommended that you come here, but what is his username here?
  10. Golden_315 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    accoring to this I can't change my user name ans the User CP has nowhere to do it either. So my request still stands.

I already have a gmail accoint...well more than one. I just use hotmail for forums or potential spammers.

Oh yeah. and as for the person who reccomened this place never actaully registered. They are a permanent guest. I really don't lnow why they never registered.
  11. leekohler macrumors G5

Dec 22, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
  12. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
  13. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Welcome Golden, it's nice to have you as a new member and also as new to a Mac.

I think that you will find this forum very helpful.
  14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    If you PM one of the mods, they have the ability to rename your account. Usually they don't but you have a reasonable reason to want to.

There may be a better way to do it, but the list of mods is found at the bottom of the main MacForums page "View Forum Leaders" or similar.
  15. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    And if I post in the thread, it has been touched by the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  16. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    Welcome to MacRumors! As for your username, it might almost be easier to create a new account with the proper name you want. ;) You can definitely PM a Mod and ask for a name change, but they don't often do that. Not saying they won't, but just a head's up for ya. ;)

Regardless, welcome, and I hope you find the site useful! :cool: