HHI screen protector...good deal

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by brudog68, Apr 14, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

I have no affiliation, nor have I tried others to compare, but I'm on a budget and thought I'd highlight this a little for others...

I saw these mentioned in another thread and ordered this crystal 3 pack for $15 including shipping. The cut is perfect, can't tell it's there, and I can't imagine a different brand being $25 better(per unit). I screwed the first one up during application so it didn't hurt too bad to waste one.

It also comes with a free stylus, which they forgot, but they replied to my email same day and sent the stylus.

Maybe someone else can say if the others brands are worth the extra $, but I can't see how.

FYI

2. macrumors 6502

Just received the same HHI screen protectors today for my iPad2. I haven't put one on yet, but it does look like a good fit.

3. macrumors newbie

Good deal.
    Want to get one..

Anyone install it yet? Please share your experience in the installation ease?
    Any bubbles.. and also the clarity after installation?

4. macrumors newbie

I got them. It took me all 3 to get a good install. Im terrible at installation though and the 3rd had bubbles around the edges. If you have any talent at all its pretty straight forward other than the difficulty of the larger screen and dust. I tried the shower steam trick. Ultimately i went with full ghost armor as it was professional installed. I thought the quality was great and prevented alot of smudging. No orange peel effect although i did see a very slight rainbow effect but only at moderately extreme angles. For the money if you can install one they are a great deal. I didnt have the skill lol.

5. macrumors newbie

Can you spray water to install.. like zagg invisible shield..??
    Looks easier that way..

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

I did the steamy bathroom thing too, my first one screwed up due to operator error, did well on the next one.

Im beginning to think as cheap as these were and how a lot of new cases come with a free screen protector (and everyone seems to be happy with most of them), that we have discovered the new "bottled water". :rolleyes:

$3 for a bottle of water = $20+ for a screen protector

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

BTW...Just received the "free" stylus...its JUNK...cheap plastic about 2 inches long and takes a lot of pressure to even work etc etc...

Oh well, still a great deal on the screen protectors!

8. macrumors newbie

What's the fit and feel like? Specifically want to know about the crystal clear one. The pics online make it look like the camera hole was cut weird, and I want to know if the film reaches all the way to the edge of the glass.

I hope its good, because I refuse to pay $30 for a sheet of plastic to slap on the front of my device ;)

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Fits great, crystal clear, camera hole lines up fine, and yes they cover to the edge of the glass...I didnt want to pay $30 either, especially since i would probably (and did) screw up the first time.