Hi all...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Wyvernspirit, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Some of you might know, but as of last may I was laid off. It may be the best thing that ever has happened to me as I am now in school getting an eduction on the government's "dime." I am going for a certificate program in Medical Asstisting, the fastest groing occupation in the US and is expected to keep that way at least through 2012. I do not plan to stay in this position forever, but finally I will have the education backround to be able to make career advancements possible.

Unfortunately the loss of job hit me hard and became depressed. I didn't do a lot and my "Fiance" of 4 years "dumped" me, and I ended up movng back with my mother, yikes. We are talking and going out, taking things one step at a time. It is hard to explian all that has happened with this relationship so I will leave it at that.

I haven't been on lately, except to read the headlines, and don't expect to have a lot of time once we really get going in the medical aspects of the classes (right now we are doing computer basics that are weel beneath me, but I have a 100% grade with full attendance).

See/talk/view you all around later,

Wyvernspirit

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you are now going out with your ex-fiance after she "dumped" you when going through a hard time, it's time you dumped HER.

Ditch the bi........ *ahem*......and move on.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, either. :)

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Best of luck in all areas of your life!

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

5. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

What Abstract said. You want someone who is for you.

Congrats on the schooling.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

What a ****. Whatever happened to unconditional love. Hate to be so blunt when you're down on your luck, but you're really much better off without someone like that.

7. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Hey folks! Take it easy!

Wyvernspirit didn't give a lot of details, but sometimes we need a good wake up call or a swift kick in the rear. Relationships are a two way street and when you are battling depression it can become really easy to "take" a lot and "give" very little. While that might work for a short while, it will break almost any relationship in the long run.

I've been there, Wyvernspirit, trying to deal with depression and a relationship at the same time. It sounds like you are on your way up. I'm praying for you and I hope things continue to get better!!!

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    She may have "dumped" him because he was depressed and not doing anything. It could very well be tough love.

Then again she could be a gold digging opportunist.

9. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I don't want to completely go into my relationship issues, and I was purposely vague in that area but I will expand a little here:

We were both going through a hard time, and there was more to it then the depression. both of us had issues that we are currently working through. We have put a lot into this relationship and don't want to give up on it. We needed a chance apart in-order to properly take perspective of our lives and our relationship.

and

Yes, but it should not be at the cost of yourself either. You'll need to trust me that there is more to this then just this.

Exactly.

You'll need to trust me, she is not a gold digger. For one thing she makes more then me, and has for quite some time. You would have to say that I am the gold digger out of the two of us given of current and immediate future financial situations.

Thanks all for the encouragement and the criticism. We all need a little of both in our lives in order to take stock of ourselves.

~Wyvernspirit

10. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

11. Wyvernspirit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Thanks. Right now the schooling is boring with, this is a computer...This is a window...this is a menu...with the left mouse button click twice quickly on that little picture of a W to open an application called word. :)

But starting next friday we will finally be getting into the medical aspects, which will be a lot tuffer. I would normally consider myself to have a decent vocabulary, but this medical thing is a whole new language.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Sounds as though this has all worked out to your advantage. Often negative things in life are for the best. It is how we react that shows our character.

For now you should concentrate on your training to be a medical assistant. Once you have finished and have a job, then you can pursue a relationship.
    Yes, it's a new language. Know it well from being a nurse. Good luck with your future, will to help if needed.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Actually, Latin is an old language. :p

I hate biology terms.