Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
kgarner said:
I'm addicted to 24. Never watched it until a few months ago and started on Season 1 on the recomendation of my brother (also an addict). I am now completely caught up through the last episode of Season 5 (watched it last night). I don't know what I will do over the summer.

I know the feeeling - the same thing happened to me with Battlestar Galactica. :cool: I kept hearing how good it was, reading reviews on how it was one of the best TV shows out there - not just sci-fi - and finally started watching it (starting with the miniseries of course) back in January. It is now one of my all-time favorite shows. I blew through Season 1 in a few short weeks (I tried to pace myself a little! ;)) and have been restraining myself for the past couple months before watching Season 2. I want to hold off a little bit since Season 3 doesn't start until October, and I guess I'm a glutton for punishment as I like to keep myself guessing and my head spinning for a while regarding the Season 1 Finale. I know all the other BSG fans are way ahead of me and might find that weird, but hey, it's all new to me so it's all good! ;) :cool:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Lyle said:
Don't know if it's quite to the "addiction" stage, but let's say I'm highly dependent on Dr. Pepper. :D

That makes sense - caffeine is a drug after all, and I'm sure it's easy for your body to become addicted to high fructose corn syrup and all that sugar. :p ;) :cool:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Vniow, you can come over anytime for a dip. :cool:

Attachments

• chocolate-fountain-strawberry.jpg
    chocolate-fountain-strawberry.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 35

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
^^^Drool drool drool^^^

I'm addicted to chocolate, sleep, MR, organizing, and shredding

EDIT: Since yesterday I've been addicted to knitting. :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Sudoku puzzles (see thread).

When I don't have a Sudoku to do from the newspaper each day, or if I finished one at breakfast and have none to do in the evening, I have to find one elsewhere or I just don't feel right. That's a sign of addiction.

I drink Dr Pepper regularly, but I am fine drinking something else when I run out, so that's a habit, not an addiction.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
My computer addiction is fading to be replaced by boat building. Not exactly the cheapest addiction...

And I just can't get enough of anything having to do with New Zealand

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I'm addicted to Carbs. I need to break that :(

I'm addicted to MR.

Thanks for starting this thread vniow :)

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Hmm. Well, I do have a gadget addiction. I like buying toys that I really don't need. I also have a music addiction. I could so easily go spend $500 at iTMS right now, but I'm trying to exercise some self control :)

exeterbohemian

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
brooklyn
what a splendid opportunity for me to embarrass myself:

addictions...

-cigarettes
-alias
-coffee
-methylphenidate
-sex
-music
-masturbation
-star trek
-facebook

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
~Shard~ said:
My addictions? Hmm, tough to discern sometimes between addictions and passions...

- Technology/Macs/MacRumors :eek: ;)
- Globetrotting (once I caught the travel bug, it was all over for me...)
- Music (playing and listening)
- certain TV shows (just ask me about my Doctor Who collection for proof :eek: )

I'll have to give the subject some more thought... :cool:

Hey ~Shard~, tell me about your Doctor Who collection ;)

My addictions are:

Cricket
Sailing
Gadgets

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.