Hi from 1 infinite Loop

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Im at the apple campus and just wanted to check in ;)
    damn this is a cool store :D

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

maybe you'll see TheGEEK187 there this week too. Glad yur having fun.

3. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Ah, the very site of the Holy Grail...Long, too, have I wanted to make such a pilgrimage of proportions both mythical and incredible. :D

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If you'll buy me an apple hat (black) I'll pay for it and shipping :D

I hope to make it there one day myself - have fun!

D

5. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

next time man :D i may be headed that way saturday, ill see what i can do :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Just let me know, I'd really appreciate that! :D

D

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey Royal, grab me one too. Will pay you for it. Just make sure it is a large one. I got a big head, Mr. A can vouge for that.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for posting from 1 Infinite Loop, hope you are enjoying your visit. This way I can vicariouly feel that I made the visit. Look forward to pictures!

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

don't forget elite computers right across the steet...twice as much stuff there..and woz prefers it

10. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

Elite Computers has closed down....The sign is still up but the old large colored Apple logos with Authorized Reseller on the bottom has been taken down.

If you are interested in seeing Woz, you should try Ciceros Pizza on Bollinger. He is a regular. I saw him there a few weeks ago in a Hummer, and his daughter was riding this huge scooter type contraption. By the way, the pizza is awesome!!!

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i wonder if it had anything to do with all the official apple stores all around northern california and elsewhere?

the only apple store i have seen is cupertino and the virtual one steve jobs toured us around in on the apple.com website...being apple, they carried all apple stuff but not that much third party stuff compatible with macs...their focus, understandably, is to sell "apple" products

what i like about independent apple stores is that besides selling all apple products, they have a healthy dose of third party stuff...and not just adobe illustrator and mac office ;)

well anyway, thank god for all those mac related computer catalogs!

12. BrandonRP0123 macrumors regular

That's a negative. The Owner of Elite (and ComputerWare - it's sister store over on Lawrence Expwy and Arques) was just tired of the retail business and wanted out. This comes from the man himself, as he was in the Elite across from Apple in one of its final days open as I was in there.