hi steve, if you don't want my money, FINE...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vollspacken, Nov 7, 2002.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

...AAaaaargh, today I got this fancy little email from the apple store:

->"Thank you for your recent interest in Apple products. _We are unable to
    fulfill your order. _At this time, the Apple Store U.S. is unable to
    successfully process your credit card."<-

:confused: haha, right... but wait, here it comes:

->"PLEASE NOTE:
    - We are unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of the
    United States."<-

WTF is wrong with you, damn???:mad: :mad: :mad:
    WHY do I have a credit card, huh? I'm from good old Germany and have my Eurocard/Mastercard from my home bank (of course, would be stupid if it wasn't so!!!) and I use it TO PAY FOR MY STUFF OVER HERE IN THE US!!! I'm not getting a second card just for the nitpicking folks at the Apple store...

O.K., so far so good, first I was mad, but then I calmed down and just checked www.powerbookcentral.com and guess what...
    ClubMac doesn't charge sales tax, so I got the superdrive TiBook for almost the same money I had to pay for the 1GhzG4 WITHOUT superdrive at the Apple Edu online store (I actually didn't want to buy one with DVD-burner, but fine...). ;)

conclusion:
    sometimes things aren't that bad as they seem... now I can borrow a DV-cam from the college library, tape a day of my ridiculous life (muhaha, just kidding...), load it into iMovie, burn it on DVD and send it home across the pond to mum and dad (and my cute little girlfriend..).

Thanks Steve, lowered your margin but enhanced my digital lifestyle...
    :D

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Steve is still getting a lot of money from that purchase you made. :)

Great to hear about so many people buying these new Macs. Seems like this was the update people were waiting for...

3. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

actually not, he gets paid $1 dollar a year and the only asset he has taken is his learjet which he says will stay with apple one he leaves

i suspect the money goes to apple...hey, they really need it these days

i hope the greatly reduced ibook at $999 (yes!) will help the company recover its financial bleeding having lost 1.7 billion from their reserves and lost market share and saw a stock go from 118 to 17

and the 1 ghz tibook should help since i have seen and heard people saying they won't buy a premium apple laptop until they go at least 1 ghz

things are looking better for apple more now than in the past two years

btw...sj is still rich from ouster at apple in 80s and from sale of next ;)

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

vollspacken, i'm glad to hear that everything still worked out for you in the end. :)

in fact think about what would have happened if you got your TiBook from the Apple Store... you would have paid more and not had a SuperDrive. it pays to shop around.

5. MacRib macrumors newbie

Germany, Rhineland-Palatina, Bad Kreuznach
    Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

Überall sonst ist es billiger, vor allem, wenn Du noch zusätzliche Ausstattung haben willst (z.B. Ram) - mann muß Dich fast schon beglückwünschen, daß Du Dein Powerbook woanders gekauft hast. Hab mir gestern endlich mein iBook 800 DVD/CD-Rw bestellt, bei Gravis, der zusätzliche Speicher von 512 Mb hätte mich im Apple Store mehr als das doppelte gekostet wie bei der Konkurrenz.

Just told him that buying at the Apple Store usually is much more expensive than order via third party store, e.g. CompUsa or Gravis in Germany.

6. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

hey hey hey, i actually understood a good bit of that German. LOL. we just had a test over the play "Andorra" von Max Frisch in German at my school. bah, i hate my teacher though. anyways...

Wiedersehen

7. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Yeah yeah, I realise that. You see, we were using Steve as a synonym for Apple. Obvioulsy Steve himself doesn't make every cent of every purchase of an Apple product - then he would be even crazier rich. :)

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

last i read from fotune mag, steve is a billionaire, but still worth 1/60th of bill gates, but then again most billionaires are worth 1/60th of bill gates:p

9. Telomar macrumors regular

There are issues with processing international credit cards so a lot of companies choose not to allow them, especially when they have localised stores. Just for future reference you can just call Apple and make other arrangements. Just because the online store is blocked it doesn't mean there aren't other ways.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

wow, there are a bunch of people buying these. I hope apple
    learns from this: Lower prices + better technology = more sales.

If apple doesn't learn, and they go back to overpriced, puny
    updates, then there is no hope for apple :eek: .... Well very little...;)

11. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

But didn't you read that thread about even though his actaul salary is only a dollar, his bonus is a few hundred grand?

irmongoose

12. vollspacken thread starter macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

...schoen fuer dich, aber erstens bin ich zur zeit in den usa und zweitens student (schonmal was vom apple edu-store gehoert? anscheinend nicht, gibt's in der form in dtl. auch nicht!)

ach ja, bei gravis kaufe ich uebrigens nie wieder, denn die sind wirklich ueberteuert (habe sowohl meinen g3 266 und spaeter meinen iMacDV400 da gekauft). wenn schon, dann doch bitte vom mittelstaendischen einzelhaendler um die ecke (z.b. "bense" in muenster), die machen dir IMMER einen guten preis (ich rede jetzt nicht von mailorder...)

ach ja, wer zusaetzlichen speicher ab werk bestellt ist selber schuld (fuer mich sind MB512 uebrigens genug, auch wenn's zwei module sind)

...ach ja, das einzige wozu man mich beglueckwuenschen muss, ist mein neuer computer und den preis den ich dafuer bezahlt habe, muhahaha...:D

13. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Don't forget there was a stock split so tecnically the stock went from $59 to $17. Still upsetting but not as much so.

14. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

Re: Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

I bought the same config, but at Cancom (it was 20,- EUR cheaper than Gravis). I don't know about Gravis memory price. I paid 159,-.

Greetings from Mannheim, by the way

15. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

Re: Re: Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

Leute, solltet Ihr hier im Forum nicht Englisch schreiben?

Errrr... Folks, shouldn't you post in English here?

There is a German Apple Education Store... right on www.apple.de!

16. vollspacken thread starter macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: Re: Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

WORD!:)

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

oh, gee, then that's not too bad at all:rolleyes: :p ;)

18. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

First off, it is a Gulfstream V, not a Learjet. Gulfstream is to Lear as Rolls Royce is to John Deere.

Secondly, el Steve has options packages which totalled several hundred million dollars in each year since his return.

That $1 is only to make him a salaried employee, and thus eligible for all the options.

He's no benevolent leader...he's a capitalist just as much as an idealist, and your silly to forget that.

19. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

German StrudelKopf (AppleHead)

HEY!!! Don't dis The Steve... (or those of us in North America might have to call you a StrudelKopf!!! ;) )

Plus one word... "MONEYORDER", well actually two if your counting.

So here was your option...

1) Get Money Order;
    2) Send by next day Courier (even from Germany) to Apple Store;
    3) don't worry be happy.

Congratulation on your amazing purchase! :p

:cool:

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re:
    hi steve, if you don't want my money, FINE...

I'll be more than happy to take any and ALL of your money, heck I won't even bother to charge you for taxes nor will I burden you with merchandise or shipping.

And better yet, my name is not Steve, Steven, Stevie, etc.

21. MacRib macrumors newbie

Germany, Rhineland-Palatina, Bad Kreuznach
    Re: Re: Re: Wer kauft denn bitte einen Apple im Apple Store?

Yes, but I summarized the content of my posting in one english sentence, didn't I? Or do you think any american Apple user is interested buying a new Mac in germany paying taxes for our stupid anti-america-attituded governent?

I think different....

Greets from Bad Kreuznach

22. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Yeah, and don't forget Pixar... that's bringing in a few million each year into Steve's pocket, too...

irmongoose

23. vollspacken thread starter macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: German StrudelKopf (AppleHead)

hey, don't misunderstand me: I'm German, but I'm actually studying IN the US, that means I bought my TiBook HERE not at home... If I was in Germany, I would not buy from the German Apple store but from a small computer store that sells apple products, gives you a good price and good service...

It's sad that Macs are so expensive back home, I couldn't afford a TiBook in Germany (and I would not be willing to pay the price they carge for it in Europe...)