hidden files

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by synthetickittie, Apr 7, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

randomly all the hidden files are showing up on my desktop and in finder... how do I get rid of them and make them "hidden" again its kinda annoying

2. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

3. macrumors 603

shadowfax

don't forget to repair permissions; it's the easiest thing to do and is almost as effective as restarting, lol. that reminds me, i should probably go do that.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

not using tinkertool.. no clue what it is anyway... but gonna try to repair permissions when I get home. Anyone have a clue how this could of happened?

5. macrumors 603

shadowfax

a random poorly placed line in a program, possibly even a quirky bug in OS X itself. luckily OS X has things in place to fix it, i hope. good luck!

by the way, tinkertool really is worth checking out. i use it myself, and it hould fix your problem if permissions repair doesn't--rower was probably right about that.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

repairing permissions didnt work but downloading tinkertool worked and I think its accually a worth wild thing to keep around for a few more options/preferances when ever I want or need to use them easly.

7. macrumors 603

shadowfax

indeed. i just remembered why i use it: to put the dock to the lower left instead of centered. lol, it's a nice program.