Hidden Little Trick in OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by haiggy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Okay, well I am not sure which applications this works in... it may just be Adium, but if you press Ctrl + Command + Down Arrow... whatever text you have in the text box will disappear and a down arrow will replace it at the end of the box. You can then type whatever you want send it and carry on, but when you click the arrow the text is restored so you can send it at a later time. It's kind of like saving what you're going to say until you say something first just so you don't forget or copying it all and pasting it later... kind of hard to explain. I use it a lot in instant messaging though. I stumbled across this just by hitting the keyboard with my binder and I tried to re-create what happened. Anyways, try it out and see what I mean...

[​IMG]

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's a very cool trick! Nice catch.

While I mostly use Adium, I tried the same thing in iChat but it didn't seem to work there.

3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

That is an extremely cool trick.... I need it or less every time I chat. :D

A

4. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I think its pretty neat aswell. I think it's only for Adium though...

5. Project macrumors 68020

Cool tip. I always cut stuff in IMs to paste a bit later... and end up copying something in another app and losing what I originally cut... so this is a great help