Hide receivers in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seans9, Jan 28, 2006.

1. seans9 macrumors member

I want to send an email to a list of people, but i dont want them to be able to see who all i sent it to.

How would i go about doing this? Is there an option? or an automator action?

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I think using Blind Copy (BCC) would do this.

Under the address fields in a new mail message, you should have a down arrow. Click on this and select Bcc Address field & type all your names in here.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Or Option-Command-B from the keyboard, to toggle the Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) field on and off.

Thank you for knowing enough to look for the Bcc field, seans9. I wish more of my friends would think of this. When somebody I know sends e-mail to everyone they know, I have no business knowing the names and e-mail addresses of all of their other friends, and their other friends have no business knowing mine.

By the way, you don't have to fill in the To field at all when you use Bcc, so don't feel obliged to fill in anybody at all as the visible recipient. Some people, not knowing this, send to themselves with a Bcc to their other recipients, but this is not necessary.