Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Hey, I don't know if this has been covered somewhere else, but in the iOS6 beta, is anyone able to move the newsstand or passport app into a folder? It seriously pisses me off that I can't move newsstand into a folder (revealing just a bit of OCD on my part), but hopefully they've fixed this? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else...

AtomicEdge

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2009
It's passbook, and I don't know for sure, but I doubt Apple want people to hide these, they want them there as a reminder for you to spend some cash on a ticket/subscription that they can get a cut of.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
What about Newstand? Still a no go?

Correct. Which makes sense from an architecture standoint. Newstand is a folder as far as iOS is concerned.

Maybe in the future Newstand will work similar to how Passbook will work, but not in iO6.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Correct. Which makes sense from an architecture standoint. Newstand is a folder as far as iOS is concerned.

Maybe in the future Newstand will work similar to how Passbook will work, but not in iO6.

Thank you! It does make sense... I just don't use it lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.