high (30?) fps capture with any webcam?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by generate, Feb 25, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows a "webcam/software solution" for my needs... or the mechanics of video cameras... as to why I'm having this issue. Or if it's just not possible yet with the latest technology & why.

I am trying to capture quick ideas on my instruments with a webcam, but my hand motion is always blurry!

Is it possible to capture med-fast motion video with "ANY" webcam.... "WITHOUT" the blurring? (in my case... my hands moving on the piano & guitar) I've been told to get the Logictech Quickcam Vision Pro, but I think it's the software.

I can set up my big bulky Sony Digital camera overhead on a sturdy boom, and then transfer that into the Mac, but I'd rather have a nice light weight webcam (or ?)... ready to capture quick ideas w/o all the setup & transfer etc.

I've tried many webcams now but still blurring.
    Every webcam I tried .. my hands are blurry... even worse for overhead piano shots.

http://web.me.com/absorbmusic/Absorb_Music/webcam.html

I hooked my Sony DV cam into QT and recorded realtime into QT.. and got a clean hand motion... 30 fps, but thru my built-in MBP I get only 10 fps and no way to adjust it.
    Is there any way?

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

3. macrumors newbie

I have the same problem (guitar strumming) using the Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 (the one that needs software driving it) on my Mac Pro. The picture is fantastic but the fps are horrible!! Have you found a solution? Does anyone know what I can do to up the fps on the Quick Cam Pro?

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors newbie

How to get 30 Frames Per Second with your Logitech Webcam

Title of the article on Logitech's website is: "How to get 30 Frames Per Second with your Logitech Webcam"

6. macrumors 68000

Apple's external iSight does this. There are other external firewire cameras out in the world.