High Pitched Noise coming from iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Zwhaler, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Whenever I put my iMac into sleep mode, there is a very high pitch noice )pretty quiet) that comes from the top left corner of the computer. It comes right out of where the heat vent is (when you are facing the front of the computer its the top left) and I am wondering if any of you experience this and if I should bring it in
    I will be moving my iMac into my room and it will bug the hell out of me thats all I know. Thanks.

2. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Anybody? Please this is going to drive me nuts...

3. Keirdre macrumors member

My new Mac will be on the desk right next to my bed. Hope it doesn't do this!

4. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

that sounds somewhat familiar. Some times when its really quiet, i notice a high pitched noise coming from about where you say. But its really faint, and I don't think it lasts very long after its put to sleep.

5. flixus macrumors newbie

Hi, these things you said occured to me too, so while I try looking for the answers I found this thread, so how do you fix it? any solution? any other problems occured since the little noisy from back of Imac? any answers is appreciated, thanks

6. Cems84 macrumors newbie

Happens to me to but from the bottom center and not when I put it to sleep but while I use it. Only lasts for 2 seconds or so.