High-Quality Photos of 'Champagne' iPhone 5S Rear Shell Surface

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 22, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Japanese website ASCII.JP [Google translation] has posted new photos allegedly showing the highly-rumored gold color configuration for the iPhone 5S, comparing the device's casing to the traditional color options of the iPhone as well as offering a solo photo from the device's rear. The color of the device appears to be in line with previous reports that stated that the device would have a "champagne" color palette as opposed to an ingot gold look.

[​IMG]
    Over the past few weeks, numerous reports have added to the growing chorus of claims for the color option of Apple's upcoming device, with notable tech journalists such as TechCrunch's MG Siegler indicating from his sources that the iPhone 5S would be offered in a gold color. Following that report, AllThingsD and 9to5Mac also reported that gold would indeed be a new option on the device as well, and this latest leak seems to be consistent with those reports.

[​IMG]
    Apple will reportedly unveil the next-generation iPhone on September 10, with likely to introduce not only the iPhone 5S but also a lower-cost plastic "iPhone 5C". Both devices are also rumored to launch in the first wave of markets on September 20.

Update: AppAdvice has posted some additional high-quality photos of the rear shell of the upcoming 'champagne' iPhone 5S, this time fully assembled with the pill-shaped dual-LED flash window pictured. The site also has a number of part photos depicting the volume buttons and SIM tray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Article Link: High-Quality Photos of 'Champagne' iPhone 5S Rear Shell Surface

2. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

New for several hours but I like what I see. A nice matte finish.

3. macrumors member

Actually looks pretty nice.

4. macrumors 65816

JaySoul

May all your pain be champagne.

5. macrumors member

I thought it was only for the 'white' version?

6. macrumors regular

Looks acceptable. I'll consider it seriously when I see it in the flesh.

7. macrumors 68040

Dwalls90

I'd buy it.

8. macrumors regular

somehow better as I pictures it. Way more champagne than gold. Probably more female buyers I'd assume... (I know we had the whole white iPhone=female discussion, and who knows maybe the champagne will appeal to hipsters in a few months as well.. :rolleyes: )

9. macrumors regular

Arguably a far more charismatic and beautiful colour than the atrocious colours on certain competitors phones.

I sense this will be a big seller

10. macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Looks really elegant and classy, I like it :D .

11. macrumors member

One of them is fake

Look at the font of the word "iPhone" between and white and gold. They aren't the same font. I don't see Apple having different fonts on the back of the phones. I'm sure there is a gold one coming but I'm not convinced that this is it.

12. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

As i said in the other thread. Some of those shots make it look like a Mac.

----------

Matches iOS 7.

13. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Um, the other two phones are iPhone 5. Font might be have changed for the new models.

14. macrumors 6502

Hmmm

If the color palette is accurate, I'm surprisingly impressed. That color does look rather nice.

15. HussamRaed, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

macrumors regular

HussamRaed

Considering that the champagne 5S will ship with iOS 7, it's pretty safe to say that the white and the black versions will have the same thin font. The two iPhones in the picture are of the current 5 model.

16. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Maybe moving away from Myriad Pro?

17. macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

It looks pretty classy, I might consider this new color. :cool:

18. macrumors 6502

ka-spot

I just can't decide

White or Champagne to be my next iPhone ? :rolleyes:

19. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

I agree with everyone in this thread. This is way better than the "gold" renders we have seen.

20. macrumors 6502

The white/silver and slate/black phones are current iPhone 5 models, so the difference in font on the back of the phone may be due to Apple switching to something thinner to reflect the change in iOS font weight.

21. macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I might be the only one that considers the Goochi iPhone to look horrible. Its a nice color for a wedding but I don't think it fits with electronics.

Much like the **** brown Zune or puke green.

22. macrumors 6502

I like the look. Certainly not tacky or gaudy like many have interpreted "gold" to be. Definitely a champagne or "white gold" look.

It actually reminds me somewhat of the stainless steel band on the iPhone 4/4S. That has a tone slightly different than the aluminum used in the white iPhone 5.

23. macrumors 6502a

Bleugh

24. macrumors 68000

Looks exactly the same. It is the same. There is some glossy reflection on the white one because someone has put an ugly glossy protection sticker across the back to uglify their phone, but other than that they look and are the same font.

25. macrumors 65816

Tankmaze

Now this is elegant, I'd buy it.