High Res Pics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Espnetboy3, Jan 31, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Anyone know any good places on the net for qood quality pics to do digital matte paintings with and what not. Free ones would be great but any that are watermarked would be fine just to get some practice in. Interfacelift.com has some high quality wallpapers and pictures

2. macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

For high res digital pictures you could try the Gigapixel project. They have lower res 1920 pxl images for download, but maybe you could get larger ones....

http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery.htm

the detail in some of the pix is amazing...I like the golf photo (last one on bottom).

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats a very cool site. I wish they had even more. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

4. macrumors 68030

homerjward

if you want really high-res you could use the samples from medium format digital back manufacturers' website (hasselblad, mamiya, phaseone, etc.--22+ megapixels :eek: )

also maybe try http://www.sxc.hu its a free-for-personal-use stock photo site.

5. macrumors G4

What exactly do you need. digital cinema formats are either 2K or 4K. a 4K image is about what you get wit a high end DSLR. Just ask anyone with a Canom 11MP camera to email you a phto.

I have a couple 10,000 pixel wide images I made by compositing a bunch of smaller images I made with a small P&S canon a85. You could do the same your self. Just go to the park and make a anorama. Use a tripod it you do.

6. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't think you're gonna get photos any bigger than the ones from the Gigapixel Project. :eek:

7. macrumors 6502

snap58

Gigapixel?

Besides being low res (1920 px) they are copyrighted so if you come up with something really cool, well it's not yours. Find a friend with a higher MP Camera and see if you can use it. Even an 8 MP is 3500 x 2300 and can be increased with good results in most editing programs.

8. macrumors 6502a

interfacelift.com