High Res screen capture for Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by da_alchemist, Oct 5, 2004.

1. da_alchemist macrumors member

Does anyone know of an efficient way of getting high res screen captures of excel documents and importing it into a page layout program such as InDesign, Quark or Pagemaker?

Its probably a third party add-on. I'll use a PC program if I have to.

Thanx.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suppose you could use the Grab utility or the built-in screenshot function to take a screen grab, then export it as a format that InDesign/Quark/Pagemaker can read. The resolution of a screen grab taken with this method is dependent on the resolution your display is set to and the size of the area you're capturing.

3. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

Usually you can create a pdf from it and import that directly into Quark or InDesign. That keeps it in vector form.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Actually, if you use the built-in screen grab tool (Command+Shift+3 for the whole screen, or Command+Shift+4 then select the region you want grabbed), it creates a PDF for you, all ready to import, unless you need to crop it first, which can be done in Preview.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, technically, it's not in vector form at that point. It's just a bitmap of the screen. PDF supports both vector and bitmap graphics.