High School football! yeeeaaaaa!

Discussion in 'Community' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Oct 2, 2002.

1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

WOW!!!!!!!! I just got back from my 4th game in our killian cougars highschool team. I play o-line ( second string) , and I havnt played in a game yet, but tonight we played varella high, and we were beating the **** out of them 46-0 at there house, and coach was looking for me , on the sidelines, and he put me in, but on d-line! I didnt care what I was playing simply because this was the first time I had ever been in !!!!!!!!! I was so happy and overjoyed when I got in the huddle that I didnt pay attention to the play ( it didnt matter because coach said just to pass rush) , now since in practice I practice on o-line, I was not to up to pace on the d-line form , so I looked like a o-linemen playing a o-linemen until I realized that I was playing D, so I eluded my defender blocking my ( the right guard), who could not block for ****, and preceded to help gang-tackle the running-back behind the line of scrimage!!!!!!! I was so overjoyed, just to get in the game. who here remembers the first time they got in thier high school football game and there jitters. Next week is going to be a game and coach said that If I practice good , I will get to play early, possibly , start! This is because our center on o-line is injured so they will put me at guard and put the guard at center.
    Post away!
    P.s. MacAztec, put in your story about the first time you played this year, I think you said you were quarterback.

P.P.S. oh and I forgot tommorw is sprints, we all will probably have to run 80-30es (AZtec know what im talking about:rolleyes: )

-GaBe-O

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

When I saw o-line at the top, I thought it was a type for 'on-line' and I was like...

Attached Files:

3. job macrumors 68040

job

That's pretty harsh man.

Congrats on your game wake up..

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Highschool Football

Its great...isnt it. I play Quarterback for my team, and sometimes cornerback. We play the Palm Springs Wildcats on Friday night, I think we will nail em

We practice a lot, a lot, a LOT! Every day from 2:30 to 6:30, Saturdays from 7AM to 11AM. Hehe, I think thats why were so good. We played the Central Spartans last Thursday, and own 23-0. Our Varsity beat them at our house, 62-0!

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

First Game

I forgot, my first Game/Scrimmage was against Cathedral City. I was so nervous, but once I got in, I didn't think about anything, I just....did what I did. It was cool, i had a touchdown pass, few run touchdowns, and stuff like that. We won like 48-13 or something.

Jobs...I'm not sure what 80-30es are, but the worst thing we do are gasers:eek:

Everyone lines up on the sideline, and you sprint from one sideline, to the other, touch the line, sprint back, touch the line, sprint back, touch the line, and then run through the line. So its from sideline to sideline 4 times. 55 yards each way. It sucks. After one practice where someone said something too loud about the band, and the band director heard, we ran 15 gasers, did 150 up-downs, and did 8 laps around the field, in a fast moving foot, but slow running pace.

Man, thats harsh!:D

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Re: First Game

That's right... Respect the band :cool: :p

My school's football team is ok, I guess... We lost our first three non-district games, and won our first district game. We beat the other guys 35 to 0. I don't know how we did it...

The band on the other hand, is doing just fine. We just got new uniforms in this week, and being the uniform manager, I am very busy with them, but it's fun... This Friday is homecoming, and the first game we get to wear the new uniforms... Maybe I'll post a pic of the old ones and the new ones, and ask which ones look better...

Anyways, good luck with football.

7. job macrumors 68040

job

Hey, do you know anyone from the Woodlands High Band? :p

8. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Re: First Game

Oh Aztec, I guess you guys dont do this, but 80-30es are 80 count them 80 30-yard sprints nonstop every thursday (day after the games ,usually) our coaches are making us all very diciplined on and off the feild. also, I dont know if you have this aztec, but we here in miami have green monday, (aka hell) were we run 20 , 100 yard sprints 100 updowns , 100 situps, pushups (in full pads) and what ever else the coaches want, also dont forget, that even though it is fall, it is still 90-plus degrees every practice:eek: . down here football is bigtime, i mean really big, just like your region aztec. (also, just to motavate you, more quarterbacks have come out of the palm springs area then any other place in the country , so keep with it) down here a U.M. representitive is at practice every day to scout , and they are looking at a couplle of our players (two o-line, qb and rb) who are all all-state. well enough with that, coach said today that Im stealling starting jobs from the o-linemen and d-line too. he said i could start this season:eek: and ive been here only 5-weeks!!!!!!!!! im working harder than people that have been here more than a year or even two. but i dont know if im ready. well see:rolleyes:

-GaBe-O

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Jeesh...

We dont do those 30s or Green Mondays, hehe.

Think 90 degrees is hot? I bet it is for your area. During hell week down here, it was about 118 degrees, every single day. And when it was cloudy, it was 110, but so humid you couldn't breathe. Lol. Now, its about 102-108 every day, so it cooled off a lil

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'm the only guy I know that doesn't know the rules to football. I have never watched football. Seems stupid to me, I prefer things that require more talent (I have a feeling I am going to get flamed now) such as diving (on a diving board :D), gymnastics, and things where talent is clearly shown. I guess I am just obsessed with things involving flipping, that includes Kung Fu... :D

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Wow....

You are getting flamed.

Football requires the most talent out of most sports I have ever played. You have to be in tip-top shape, be physically AND mentally strong, smart, quick on the feet, and so on.

Now lets dive off a board...keep your body strait, put your arms up, toes pointed....wow

12. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

we should meet, i feel the same way.

i used to fence foil, but that went away about a year ago. i'm hoping to get back into it, once i can pick up my grades (priorities, priorities.) as any fencer can tell you, the sport in general requires a lot in the way of stamina, more or less depending on what you fence (foil, sabre and eppe(?)), but i like it.

kung foo is great, but i watch it more so for comedy reasons (the poor dubbing, etc)

13. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

Yeah, well, all of us here in Miami *know* that SUNSET is the best! :rolleyes: j/k

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

:::plays devil's advocate:::

Seems to me that, in American Football (a.k.a. Rugby with padding), the Quarterback has to be smart and fast and the blockers have to be, ummm, in the way. :D

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

AHAHAHAH funniest thing I have ever heard. Look at all divers, gymnasts, and football players bodies. Some football players will be all muscle, some will have fat, but all in all they will all be different. You have to have 0 % body fat, and actually have to be in tip top shape. Being a High level Kung Fu artist requires more mental and physical stamina then any sport I know. Kung Fu experts are the strongest, most powerful, and wisest people I know. A LOT of Football players aren't 'quick on their feet'.

I took diving for about 5 years, and it requires sooooo much work. I couldn't do all the work, and keep up my grades so I quit. But it is extremely hard.... Right when I got to pre-nationals, I decided that there is no way I could do this. Diving is a very mental sport. You have to come off the board with confidence. You have to use your adrenaline to jump higher, and spin faster. You have to visualize your dive beforehand. It requires extremely strong leg, stomach, and arm muscles - not to mention a great balance. If you lined up a whole bunch of football players, and put them next to a whole bunch of divers and took a poll on who looked healthier I could guerantee you that the winner would be the divers.

Any sport requires you to be in good shape, including football. But Badmitton requires you to be in good shape too - I wouldn't call badmitton a sport that requires a lot of skill... You have to watch diving in the olympics to truly know how much mental and physical strength it takes to pull off a 3 and a half with 2 twists off a 10 meter platform.... Jumping off scares me.

Also, watch wushu kung fu tricks. Such as 720 hook kicks, butterfly kicks, moon kicks, and many more. They will stun you. A football player could only dream of doing that. No football player could ever do wushu Kung Fu with as much extra bulk as they have. A truly healthy person would have no body fat and a lot better balance and stamina.

16. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Let's not start this debate. I don't even think Football can win over a similar sport, like Rugby, where you do most of the same things as a football player (without pads) and you run all the time, like in soccer.

BUT - if you're asking which is the best sport overall, I'd say (without a doubt) FOOTBALL!

17. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

No way, it's between Debate Team and the Chess team. Now they have muscles!

P-Worm

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It just makes me mad that someone could think that football requires more skill then diving... You have definitely never dived b4. I played football for a year so i know..

19. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Diving...

What a sport....how exciting....

"So, what did you do yesterday?"

"Oh, I wen't to the diving competition......"

yea, right....

20. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Thats the thing...nobody cares, or tries to do Kung Foo. No kung foo man could ever tackel a 250lb 6% strong as hell running back, could they. Maybe if they did a moon walk and jumped a flying terd at em. Maybe...

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

You see, thats the thing.... HE COULD! He wouldn't use his own body weight, he would his own momentum, the momentum of the person he is attacking, and the weight of the person he is attacking against them. It's called Judo....

You should research it, it is really interesting and fun to watch. EG a l100 pound girl knocking over a 200 pound man.

And diving is very exciting. I've been to many a diving competition that I was not participating in. I wasn't ever bored.... And nobody there was ever bored....

22. Biggles macrumors member

ok, all of u guys fighting over what sport is harder are ridiculous. If you want to be the best, every sport requires the same amount of dedication and concentration.

There is no "easy" sport, or a "hard" one when you play at a high level. This is because many people can learn the sports that can be figured out quickly (like football, soccer, or baseball), but if u want to stand out, you have to become amazing at that sport. Meanwhile, in less popular sports (and im saying this very vaguely) like diving, you have a better chance of standing out due to less competition.

I personally think diving requires more skill, but that is exactly the reason why it is less popular. Therefore, less popularity = less competition.

23. diorio macrumors 6502a

Another sport harder than football

First of all, while Football may be the most popular sport, it is definately not the hardest. If you are big, you can play football without being in great shape. How much shape does it take to sprint for less than ten seconds (1 play) and then stop and rest for 30 seconds? I'm not saying I don't like football, I'm just saying that numerous sports are harder. Wrestling, crosscountry, swimming, are all very demanding sports. It irritates me when at my school, the football team still gets all the recognition even though they suck. I run 50 miles a week on the crosscountry team, my team wins the meets, and yet the "big bad football team" still gets all the recognition. The football team gets new helmets, new uniforms, and we are running in uniforms from the 80's. Football is a great sport, but so are the other ones too.

24. vniow macrumors G4

Football sux.
    Diving sux.
    Sports in gereral suck.
    The only REAL contests are drag competitions.

And no, I'm not talking about racing.:)

25. diorio macrumors 6502a

You're pretty freaky! So, do you go around public in drag?