High School Graduation Speech

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, Apr 16, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    At my high school.. all the seniors have the opportunity to create a graduation speech and say it in front of everyone at graduation.. which is obvious.. thing is.. we are only having one speaker.. and its like a contest.. contestants have to type out their speech and say it in front of some teachers on some random lunch day.. then whoever the teachers feel did the best job will get to speak infront of the 500 plus seniors and their parents! so... can you guys help a fellow mac head out? what do you guys from remember from your high school graduations? any good ideas? i wanna win this thing! :)
  2. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    no advice really (i'm a freshman) but good luck! they're doing something similar at my school i believe
  3. keithpetey macrumors member

Nov 30, 2004
    f u, f u, f u, you're cool, and f u im out!!!

my favorite speech :)
  4. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Don't all graduation/commencement sound pretty much the same? I graduate college in 20 days, and I'm dreading two things: 1) having both sides of a divorced family in close proximity for more than 7 seconds, and 2) the two hours I'm going to have to sit in the sun, in May, in the South, wearing black, listening to boring speeches about the future. The only part I give a rat's patoot about is the ten or so seconds when I get to walk up on stage and get my degree. I certainly paid enough for it.

Just come up with something that on the surface sounds like every other graduation speech out there, then to be clever change a few words to something unexpected or add some interesting descriptive words. Something akin to a girl I know who used to work as a cashier at Wal-Mart; every once in a while she'd tell the customer "F*** you and have a ncie day." No one noticed.
  5. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I thought the valedictorian and salutatorian gave the speeches?
  6. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    well they are.. but the speech im aiming for is just the "opener" one if u will..
  7. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Best... Commencement Adress... Ever

The first half is pretty light hearted and funny, but towards the end he really is quite inspirational.

Two of my favorite lines: