High School Relationships

Discussion in 'Community' started by iAmAzN, Nov 2, 2004.

1. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

A friend of mine was recently 'backstabbed' by one of his trusted friends. To be organized: A=My friend B=His trusted friend C=his girlfriend.

B had told C that A hated her and she believed it. A never said that, and he wishes to stay with her for the rest of his life but C doesn't believe him because of B. Everytime A tries to tell C his feelings, she doesn't believe him. A doesn't want to end his relationship because he loves her so. now B is trying to say that he was sorry without an explaination of his actions. C also said that she was failing a class because of A and wishes she never met him. Afterwards, C says she did not mean to say those things and apologizes. A does not know what to do anymore and is on the verge of depression.

Do you guys have any suggestions for my dear friend?

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Don't bother with HS relationships. They seldom lead anywhere other than depression.

Sorry, that's my only advice.

scem0

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I am with scem0 on this one.

How much could C love A if she believes what B tells her and now hates A? I think your friend better dump these two.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Even though things like this happen all of the time in HS it doesn't mean the feelings aren't real or don't hurt.

Can A - B - C all be in the same room together to straighten this out? At first glance it seems that B has an eye for C and wants to sabotage A. That all needs to be put on the table.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

6. Spymit007 macrumors regular

Spymit007

Sounds like a real life Dawson's Creek episode...

7. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

I wouldn't say that high-school relationships are useless --- i agree few lead to anything, but i think of them as training wheels -- have fun, explore, try new different approaches -- they get much more complicated when they are older.

but ya... tell the friend to dump the stupid girl -- she's to fickle -- and the "trusted friend" doesn't seem very trustworthy

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Bingo.

9. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

This seems petty.
    Relationships come and go, and the people that stay with that "one true love" from high school are (generally) kind of messed up.
    Tell him to move on to D or E or F.

Lee Tom

10. lazymuoio macrumors member

time to move on if she believed him she wasnt really into A anyway...besides its only high school

11. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

let this go NOW!

same thing happened to my friend. the one friend of the guy going out with the chick told the girl that boyfriend was all over another chick; which happened to be true.

huge fight between the two. boyfriend left friend and got involved in the wrong crowd. talked s*** and got jump by a gang. police involved whole nine yards.

for some reason this didn't teach boyfriend anything. in fact it made him change like hell. his whole attitude is different now. he wears clothes like echo southpole and probably fubu(maybe well maybe not that far...). he talks so much s*** to everyone especially in front of his girl friend who is a FRESHMAN. he's a soughmore btw. and in my opinion is a dirty lil' *****

So lets review of what happened to boyfriend because of this.
    1. His grades dropped horribly.
    2. EVERYONE hates him now
    3. Hangs out with the wrong crowd (they smoke pot, are drop outs, ect ect)
    4. Trouble with the law

In fact his whole life has been turned upside down. the only plus is that the girl happens to be a triplet ;) (niiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeee :D )

but in my opinion isn't really worth it because the girls are immature sob's.

bottom line: DROP IT BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND get out of there before you get anymore problems.......

just my opinion; but its your choice so you are the only one who can make it.

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Maybe B <3's A....... It's possible......

scem0

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

tell A to punch B in the face and tell C to f*ck off

14. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Sigh... as a current high school enrollee (if that is a word...) drop it. Let B and C get involved then get angry at each other. Swoop in and save them from killing each other.

Realize that life sucks. Get used to it. After you realize this you will feel far more free and airy. Then put on some pants. You will then feel far more confined but warmer. :)

To summarize: Leave em alone. Nothing good will happen.

To summarize the summary: Sleep it off.

15. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Wow, how pathetic. He does not want to be with her for the rest of his life, he is just young and ignorant. They are obviously still too young and have no trust with each other. They can work it out if they want but in reality who cares. Go to some after football party and find another girl or a nice sophmore to hooks up with.

iJon

16. emw macrumors G4

emw

HS relationships are generally not worth fighting over, though at the time they seem to be the most important thing in the world. I'd suggest A forget about both B & C and worry about geometry not algebra.

17. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Oh man, the kids at my school live for this kind of ****!!

I've stayed out of any kinds of relationships so far, and do not intend to start one until at least senior year.

But it's just too damn funny! :D Don't you people realize that (some of you) your destroying your lives over such insignificant and stupid issues? :confused:

18. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

kekeke

Yes HS love is funny.. I remember when I went through it It felt "so real" "i was so sure i was ready to be with her for ever" Now looking back I realise how saddly Naive the whole thing was.. I havent seen the girl in years.. she is probably preggers and married for all i know.. But at the time I felt my world collapse when she left me for my "friend"... I just gave them the ole FU and never spoke to either of them, drank down a bottle of Vodka, and moved on.

My advice is, move on, it will sting a little at first but once you get older you will look back and loath the fact that it hurt at all...

19. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Finally another high school student with common sense. I watch constant drama at my high school, and there's no way I want to be a part of it. How many times to high school relationships actually end happily? Alot of people are just out for the affection and a piece of ass...

When I was 14, I said no relationships 'till I was 16. Now that seems like a crap age, too. I guess I'll just have to see who comes along.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, agree with all of it. Get them all in a room, and get B to admit that B loves C, that 'lil backstabbing b!tch. I hate people like that. :mad: Happened to me once when I was simply talking to a girl I liked. This happened DURING our conversation. I never spoke to this not-so-close friend ever again.

21. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

22. Applexilef macrumors regular

Why don't you have A conduct a rhetorical analysis of the inferential B situation with C so that both A and C can conversely include B in their AC relation. Concordantly, you can establish B as a vehement martyr on the BC junction of the ABC interstitial vacancies, thus allowing for a more stable collisional de-excitation of the BC-A secular parallax. Lastly, you can have C and A conduct abyssopelagic B test of C paradoxs, this will guarantee A caprifoliaceous results of B and C members with -B and +C attributes

23. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

LMNOP=27.17942 is that right? :confused:

Actually to me it sounds like:
    A) C has a thing for B as well.

or

B) C is just stupid for taking something on blind information.

I'm leaning more towards A, but either way your mate is boned. And not in the good way. :eek:

24. Edot macrumors 6502

I like how everyone always says that HS relationships are not real, and that they don't represent real relationships. Yes people mature, but the same stupid logic and emotional responses happen to married couples and "grown ups". Please people stop trying to downplay HS relationships like they are "fake" and not real relationships. Yes the way relationships evolve when you are older differ because of previous experience, but saying that a relationship is "fake" simply because it is an early experience really does not make sense. People used to marry at Age 13, so I guess you people are saying that your ancestors really didn't have a relationship and shouldn't have been serious about it and produced you. You have to remember the #1 reason we have relationships is to reproduce, so get over this arrogant attitude towards HS relationships. I for one think the lack of seriousness towards these relationships reflects the way "grown ups" treat future relationships and treat the partners involved. No wonder the divorce rate is so high in this country. That's right I can just move on, who cares!

25. frescies macrumors regular

I wouldn't call highschool things "relationships"... The most they are good for is sexual exploration (not necessarily intercourse... and if so then only IN SAFE MODERATION).

Then again I'm not one to talk... I'm currently in a lenghty relationship with someone I went to highschool with, didn't talk to for 2 years, bumped into, started screwing... etc.