High School Soccer

Discussion in 'Community' started by CompUser, Sep 1, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

Hi everyone out there,

I am a Freshman in HS. I am going to find out what team I'm going to find out what team I am tomorrow. They have Varsity, JV, and a Freshman team. (I don't think they are cutting any of the roughy 50 players)

I hope I make JV. I really do not want to be on Freshman.

The Freshman Team is going to be really really bad. There is one freshman that is almost automatically on J.V. because he is exceptional at soccer (even though in a game he doesn't stand out as a star IMO, at tryouts when we do drills he stands out from many of the freshman). There will probably be one slot on the JV team.

Basically, I am scared. There are 13 other freshman including me. 3 players including me and two of my friends are very good at soccer, but we just don't stand out as much as this other kid. The other 10 kids are HORRENDOUS. I mean, they can't kick far, handle the ball what so ever, be agressive, or make smart decisions. Seriosuly, if I am playing center mid, I can pass the ball to an outside forward and they dribble up the field but so slowly that a bunch of defenders get on them and they won't pick up their heads and try to pass until they are totally shut down by defenders. Also I have to yell at the defence to move forward, they just sit back in the goal box, not offensively supporting out team.

Ughh. I'm just complaining. I don't want to go through a season of frustration and having to work harder because some people don't move. Maybe me a two other kids will look like stars.

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I haven't played soccer for a while, but I used to be pretty good. I was a defender. Our team went to the State Championship thing, but our coach didn't enter our information right, and we were disqualified, I quit after that.

Tomorrow is my "debut" football game for my Varsity year. I'm a little bit nervous. I have (in my opinion) the most important position on the field, Quarterback.

I will post more after the game (the day after), once the papers get some articles up.

Good luck.

3. CompUser thread starter Guest

I've been playing soccer since I was 5 or 6.

I'm nervous....

I know the JV coach pretty well. He has a very dry sense of humor which I understand. The varsity coach I know a little, not very well but my sister is friends with his daughter. The freshman coach I know a little, I don't really like him that much though. I don't know what I don't like about him though.