Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverbullet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
So it seems the 4 Major studios dont want to give up there OHHHH so precious DRM... So why cant apple/itunes give us Higher bitrate DRM?
Something like 256 or 320 (i know some say that 320 is overkill for them)
but its the point... Steve said he was hoping to have 1/2 of the itunes store itunes plus by the end of the year, but why not just give us a higher quality DRM'd song?

The RIAA dosnt want to give up DRM so atleast make us happy with a higher quality song

ill be the first to admit i am not an audiophile, i dont have a 5000 dollar system, and i dont want lossless downloads( a 30mb file is overkill )

before when i listend to my tunes on my earbuds, they sounded awesome, but
i now plug my ipod directly into my car stereo and i have to say its a pretty noticable difference betweent songs ripped @256/320 and songs ive purchased. Also if they sell apple tv which is geard to play on house speakers, you should sell a song at a quality that plays well on those speakers...

Musicgiants website offers downloads from all the major record companies in LOSSLESS for $1.29. Seems kind of wierd to me. So if they can sell a lossless file for a buck 30 why can apple sell us a 256 or 320 for .99 or 1.30 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.