Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
No way!

1. If that is gonna happen I'll be so sad because I was about to get a 17" LCD.

2. Mayyyyyyyybe, the prices of the LCDs may decrease and they just want the rumor to spread so they can sell more LCDs to the actual price. I have seen that happening a lot, specially with ram.

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
questions regarding lcds

how come the lcds on laptops and apple studio displays do not have the clear plastic cover that the new imac screen has? i mean it would prevent it from getting damaged or getting oily residue from fingers poking the screen! and beyond that is there like a plastic shield for the screen on ibooks and such? because cleaning that screen is a b!tch! oh and ugh i wish they would come out with a powerbook that had either stylus input or a touch screen so you could use it as a tablet! regardless as soon as they can make the powerbook perform @ the level of the 1GHZ g4 processor then i'll get one because my ibook is painfully slow, so slow i dont reboot it, i just put it to sleep because the resume time in X.1 is faster than classic or any other OS. I think it would be cool to release a new pro keyboard which is a touch interface instead of keys, like the touch screen calculators!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
The iMac does not have a plastic cover over its screen. It has a plastic halo around the outside of it, but there's nothing over the front of it...

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Do you want to hear something cruel?

The other day I went to HBO Latin America here in Caracas, I went to the office of one of the producers (a girl) and, of course, every body there had a Mac but she had a 22" flat screen monitor, facing the window and the screen was yellow because of the son light!!!

1. Or the LCD are not such good quality.

2. Fu***k, damn it, bitc***, hor***, that doesn't take care of what is not her's.

I was in the job interview looking at her and looking at the monitor behind her and I just wanna to ask her why she was such idiot!!! If she didn't want it she could give it up to me!!!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Re: Do you want to hear something cruel?

Originally posted by mymemory
The other day I went to HBO Latin America here in Caracas, I went to the office of one of the producers (a girl) and, of course, every body there had a Mac but she had a 22" flat screen monitor, facing the window and the screen was yellow because of the son light!!!

1. Or the LCD are not such good quality.

2. Fu***k, damn it, bitc***, hor***, that doesn't take care of what is not her's.

I was in the job interview looking at her and looking at the monitor behind her and I just wanna to ask her why she was such idiot!!! If she didn't want it she could give it up to me!!!

I really appreciate the insight. Excuse me while my stomach is still turning.... [Five minutes later] Now, what does this article have to do with the prices of LCD? My word, it may be a point of view, but that is also sad, to ruin a beautiful product by Apple, the top dog 22" LCD monitor.... [Five minutes pass]

All right, back to prices. I was planning to buy a 20" Sharp LCD TV in 2003, but I guess I will be waiting a lot longer for price drops. That's a shame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.