Higher prices for LCD displays...

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by keithcobbett, Feb 22, 2002.

1. mischief macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2001
    Santa Cruz Ca
    IBM's hi-def LCDs

Do they use the same motherglass?
  2. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    No way!

1. If that is gonna happen I'll be so sad because I was about to get a 17" LCD.

2. Mayyyyyyyybe, the prices of the LCDs may decrease and they just want the rumor to spread so they can sell more LCDs to the actual price. I have seen that happening a lot, specially with ram.
  3. davidc2182 macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2001
    Sin City
    questions regarding lcds

how come the lcds on laptops and apple studio displays do not have the clear plastic cover that the new imac screen has? i mean it would prevent it from getting damaged or getting oily residue from fingers poking the screen! and beyond that is there like a plastic shield for the screen on ibooks and such? because cleaning that screen is a b!tch! oh and ugh i wish they would come out with a powerbook that had either stylus input or a touch screen so you could use it as a tablet! regardless as soon as they can make the powerbook perform @ the level of the 1GHZ g4 processor then i'll get one because my ibook is painfully slow, so slow i dont reboot it, i just put it to sleep because the resume time in X.1 is faster than classic or any other OS. I think it would be cool to release a new pro keyboard which is a touch interface instead of keys, like the touch screen calculators!
  4. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    The iMac does not have a plastic cover over its screen. It has a plastic halo around the outside of it, but there's nothing over the front of it...
  5. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Do you want to hear something cruel?

The other day I went to HBO Latin America here in Caracas, I went to the office of one of the producers (a girl) and, of course, every body there had a Mac but she had a 22" flat screen monitor, facing the window and the screen was yellow because of the son light!!!

1. Or the LCD are not such good quality.

2. Fu***k, damn it, bitc***, hor***, that doesn't take care of what is not her's.

I was in the job interview looking at her and looking at the monitor behind her and I just wanna to ask her why she was such idiot!!! If she didn't want it she could give it up to me!!!
  6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Re: Do you want to hear something cruel?

I really appreciate the insight. Excuse me while my stomach is still turning.... [Five minutes later] Now, what does this article have to do with the prices of LCD? My word, it may be a point of view, but that is also sad, to ruin a beautiful product by Apple, the top dog 22" LCD monitor.... [Five minutes pass]

All right, back to prices. I was planning to buy a 20" Sharp LCD TV in 2003, but I guess I will be waiting a lot longer for price drops. That's a shame.