highest PC nVidia GeForce card that can be flashed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wrc fan, Sep 18, 2004.

1. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    My friend is one of the people who got one of the G5s cursed with problems using ATi Radeon cards, and so far Apple refuses to replace his system or even change his video card for an nVidia one. So I was wondering if anyone has flashed one of the newer GeForce cards than a GeForce 4, as that's the highest card I can find that people talk about flashing.

2. Dr. No macrumors regular

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

4. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

you didn't hear about the wavies? it was all over the "dual powermac 2.5 ghz G5 shipping" thread.

I think they have to do with the crappy adapter uses for DVI->VGA, as my G5 with 9600 works fine (with a 3rd party adapter)

5. wrc fan thread starter macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    this isn't the dual 2.5GHz problem mentioned by slughead. My friend has a dual 1.8GHz, which randomly freezes, usually 3 or 4 times a day. This is a complete hardware lock up, and only hiting the reset button will fix it. (And yes he has done all the usual troubleshooting, and it still exsists)

So apparently some G5s have issues with ATi Radeon cards, it is a known problem, but because not enough of the G5s experience this problem Apple isn't issuing a recall, or even being nice and replacing the effected systems unless you get lucky and talk to a nice tech support person.