Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamSoft

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2002
Rockford, MI
Mactracker

Check this out. . .

Mactracker

Description:
Mactracker provides detailed technical information on every Apple Macintosh model along with information on Motorola, PowerComputing, and UMAX clones. The database also includes Apple mice, keyboards, displays, printers, scanners, digital cameras, AirPort Base Stations, iPod, Newtons, and Mac OS versions.​

Download: here

peter32892

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
At the moment I am on a pc =( so I cant run that program. I am going to be trying to be buying a clamshell ibook or ibook some were so I can upgrade it. Hoping to get it to run tiger.:D :rolleyes: :D

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
peter32892 said:
At the moment I am on a pc =( so I cant run that program. I am going to be trying to be buying a clamshell ibook or ibook some were so I can upgrade it. Hoping to get it to run tiger.:D :rolleyes: :D

Don't waste your money.

Rich.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Is what different? They are two entirely different machines. The G3 snow colored iBooks are faster and some can take more ram because they have more built in on the motherboard to start with. Clamshells are pretty dated things; only get one if it is free or under a hundred bucks and comes with extra ram and an Airport card!

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
peter32892 said:

MacTracker also comes in a windows version if memory serves....

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I wouldn't try to run Tiger on it. Not so much for processor and memory concerns (I have it running on a G3/300 with 128 MB of RAM,) but due to the low screen resolution.

The clamshell models only have an 800x600 screen, which is woefully too little for OS X to run reasonably. (Some programs won't run at all at that resolution, others are just plain hard to use, because they expect 1024x768 at the minimum.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.