Highschool Homecoming...anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacAztec, Oct 16, 2005.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Well, we had our Homecoming last night. I am a Senior this year, it was pretty fun. The theme was "World Cities", and the seniors were Hollywood.

We won our football game on Friday also. Our record is 6-0, best in school history! Next week we play the team that won state, and is ranked 1st, we are currently ranked 2nd, so it should be teh game of the year for us.

crappy thing is i lost my starting QB spot! 4th game of the season I had a bad game, coach put the other QB in, he had a great game. ended up benching me for game 5 and 6. hopefully i can beat him out again, because im pissed.

anyways, the dance was alright. we went to dinner (25 people) to a really nice resturaunt that my girlfriend's dad owns, then we took a limobus to the dance (my other friends dad owns a limo company), danced for a while, took the limobus back to a friends house and partied till around 2:30 before going to our beds.

i have pics, i will post a few if anyone wants. my outfit was pretty good, i thought it was the best.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Go team!!

(I don't get the whole "sports" thing.. My school has no sports teams. I like it. :p)

Post pics. :)
    I wanna know what homecoming is like!

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Pics

Here are a few:

Gettin ready with my sister (she helped me out)
    [​IMG]

Me and some friends (im in the white)
    [​IMG]

Me and some more guys
    [​IMG]

Westside
    [​IMG]

Me and my date
    [​IMG]

Me, my date, a buddy and his date
    [​IMG]

That's all for now (and probably later).

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

MacAztec= HOT. Shut up and take your compliment d*** it. :)

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

never went to a single homecoming of mine, nor any other dance for that matter :/

i am the type that hates people for the most part and don't go to public gatherings outside of red sox games.

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

edit- MacAztec's Date = HOT

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

how does your school not have sports teams?
    freshman and sophomore years i havent gone to homecoming, maybe next year, i dont know :eek:

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just had to get that in. I don't think MacAztec likes me very much, but that's OK.

9. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Haha thanks, I guess. My Date looked good, personally I think she looks better without makeup. She only wears makeup to Dances and formal things, never to school or out at night or anything (good skin).

I am brad pitt foo! haha yea right.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're welcome. Ignore my last post. :)

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

<snob>
    We're an arts school so we have more important things to worry about. </snob> ;) :rolleyes:

for JA, they had these shirts that say "HSPVA Football, undefeated since 1971"
    because the school was founded in 71... that's why it's funny.. because we don't have a team..

ha...

haha...

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

omg, you go to hspva? that's awesome! last year when i was at nesa (arts-type school in san antonio although it's not its own dedicated school, long story why im not there anymore) y'all's wind ensemble (or one of your bands) came and played for us on their way to a contest and they were awesome! a lot of them were wearing those t-shirts and i was gonna ask one of them whether they actually had a football team but i forgot :p

13. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

14. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Heh the glasses were my girlfriends, she let me wear them. They are Marc Jacobs (I guess its a good brand), my sister was tellin me how i cant mess em up. They winded up staying ok

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Ohhhh... Small world, dude!!

<orchestra snob>Please, don't let the band sully the reputation of the school as a whole</orchestra snob> ;)

Haha, we don't have a team. We have a swim team if people feel like it... (no one does, hahaha)

16. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Wow that looks like a blast. I agree that your girlfriend is way hot. My homecoming is next weekend but I'm not even going. In fact nobody is. It's kind of ironic because my school has been around for like 60 years and has tons of school spirit but nobodies going to the dance because they made freak dancing against the rules. Apparently if you freak dance they are going to ask you to leave. I don't know what you are supposeed to do at dances, because all they play is rap. When I found out at first I thought they were kidding. Apparently not. It's a shame to because our football team is 6-0 for the first time in years. :rolleyes:

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Can you guys tell me what a "Homecoming" is? I've heard about them on the movies and stuff but don't really know what they're about?

We certainly don't have them here - our uni and highschool sports teams don't really raise much of an interest.

18. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Really, what school do you go to (macbaseball)?

Well, there is more to it for this homecoming. Our school was really, really nuts this year. Here is why:

About a month ago, about 20 friends took a limobus up to our football game that was like 1 1/2 hours away, and they all got faded on the bus. Well they got to the game (i was starting at the time), and I could hear them enter teh stadium. They were so roudy, yelling my name and stuff (we are close friends), and some mom smelled alcohol and called the cops.

Most of the kids got out of it (they got rides home), but about 7 kids got suspended.

So for the dance, we had a limobus ready, but we weren't going to drink. The administration told a few kids that they shouldnt go on the bus, and they are having an undercover cop car follow our bus to see what house we go to and bust us for drinkin.

Well, we ended up being ok, but the school is whack. My grade is the best one ever to go through the school, our school is distinguished for academics (only like 120 schools in CA like that), and yet they think we are horrible.

I guess our grade parties too much.

19. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Homecoming is like the back to school dance kinda thing. Its pretty much the day when your football team kicks ass, everyone gets pumped and parties, you have a dance, etc.

20. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

This shall explain all.

21. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

The administration picks out a football game usually early in the season, and it's a week long celebration with school spirit and rallies etc. Like MacAztec said there are awesome parties and a big dance. There are tons of alumni that come back to the school, so it's "homecoming" which is how it got the name. Or at least that what I've been told. Basically a week of fun. It must be awesome to be a football player, as at my school everyone rallies around the team.

Edit: Just read the Wikipedia thing. That pretty much summarizes it. I had forgotten about the homecoming court. I missed voting for that when I was sick.

22. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Homecoming... I went frosh year through junior but didn't bother for senior year (my bf was @ UCI).

Homecoming at my high school was just an excuse for the girls to dress as sleazy as possible w/out getting kicked out of the dance. The football game? Please, my school is known for 1) rich brats, 2) smart rich brats, 3) academics, 4) our music program, 5) cheating (got lots of bad publicity as a cheating school). Our sports are pretty dismal, except for the badmington team that won one award-- highest team GPA, how classic.

23. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

What school did you go to?

24. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Hey! that sounds exactly like halloween at my school!

Actually, Halloween is my school's homecoming. I forgot about that. Hehe.

/best slutty shark EVER
    //will win the costume contest this year
    ///I'll post pics of it... it's kind of hard to understand if you've never experienced one...

25. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Saratoga. *hangs head in shame* We're not all cheaters!!!