Hilarious !!! Windows Vista anyone ?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SeRgIo_42, Feb 22, 2006.

1. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

so thats M$ saying "The things that you need up are the things that slow your computer down the most. We will add a force-quit feature (and face the trademark issues with apple later) so you can mess your entire os up, throw your current box out the window, and buy a Mac. We still make money, don't need to spend money fixing the OS for all the bugs it has in it, and people switch to the greater good."

[/sarcasm]

that is a flaw, with M$ will miss, and offer in an update on day 2.:rolleyes:

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Knowing Microsoft they will just make it so those apps don't show up in that warning but leave the bugs in there. Just like at all of there keynotes SOMETHING goes wrong.

4. dmj2 macrumors newbie

Actualy, Microsoft will notice, they'll just ignore it!

5. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Oh dear....

scha·den·freu·de (shäd'n-froid'ə) n. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

[German : Schaden, damage (from Middle High German schade, from Old High German scado) + Freude, joy (from Middle High German vreude, from Old High German frewida, from frō, happy).]

6. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Windows Vista causing Windows Vista problems???

Ok, I know Windows Vista is still in Beta testing, but this is NOT reassuring to see. The following is from Gizmodo:

Windows Vista’s Worst Performer? Windows Vista

Now don’t base any purchasing decisions on this screen cap—Windows Vista is still in beta, after all—but as much as we welcome the new feature in Vista that points out which programs are slowing down one’s computer, we kinda sorta wish the programs in question weren’t the ones that make it run.

Here’s to the next few months of polishing, Microsoft! (Thanks, Bootman!)

Attached Files:

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

8. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I'm loving your work Gekko....:D

Vista just keeps getting and better doesnt it.....one things for sure leopard is going to blow it out of the water!

Shadow

9. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I loved this comment from a user who said-

"i really don't get it. i don't feel the need to hang around mac posts and gripe about how mice only have one button, that i have to thow the cd in the trash to get it to eject, that i have to push a button on the keyboard to get the cd/dvd-rom to eject sometimes, there are zero apps on the mac that i like, and that the object bar slows me down. what the hell is wrong with you people?"

Wrong.

I can't post there (you need to be invited) but maybe someone could point out the error.

10. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Chappers if you think that's bad, here's a recent comment I got on my blog:

Normally I'd delete such a comment but it was too funny not to leave up.

11. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I don't understand the Windows fanboys defending Windows like they do. I use to build my own PCs and play lots of games on my PC. I think both platforms complement each other.

Once that feature works, I see the value in it. A lot of Windows machines have these mini apps from third-party software that loads up the tray and you have to go into the registry to remove them. Even a bare minimum will have enough tools loaded that makes XP very slow to start up. Tools like the anti-virus, etc.

I am happy Vista won't be a Tiger killer. I can see the Mac platform taking up a sizable marketshare in the next 5 to 10 years. Windows can remain for keeping those legacy apps and games running for many more years.

12. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

It's amazing how he can use the insult "you retards" when he doesn't even start a single sentence with a capital letter... :eek:

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

ahaha I vote that for MacRumors quote of the day.:)

14. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

But at least he knows how to use CAPS. A lot. :rolleyes:

15. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

It could at least show some self respect. :D :D

Attached Files:

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats funny.....so windows is slowing down windows then....interesting

Bless

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That's the one great flaw in internet communication...people can pull comments straight out of their a** that they wouldn't have the balls to say in person. Or would be embarassed to say because they know it sounds totally puerile. That flamer (I mean that as a person who flames ;) ) might be John Dvorak, as far as we know, since he is an anonymous coward.

18. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

The "how can I avoid this problem?" button should be a link to www.apple.com

19. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Do I see a new Switch ad for the Apple page? I think this would be a great slap to Billy and the boys.

20. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Off topic, but doesn't anyone else see that the font smoothing in that screen shot is WAY better than in Mac OS X? It feels a lot sharper and clearer, whereas font smoothing in Mac OS X tends to make text a little blurry.

21. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

The other day I was using IE on XP (against my will) and something pretty funny happened. At one point I chose "Work Offline" while troubleshooting a webpage and when I went back to undo it, the command had disappeared. No "Work Online" or anything equivalent. Help told me such a command would be there, but it wasn't. I restarted the app and it connected to the Internet just fine, but the command was still missing. I have no idea how common this bug is -- could have just been that machine for all I know -- but apparently on that iteration of IE you can work offline once and then never again!

Windows provides so many jokes with so little time to repeat all of them.

22. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Bleh. It's from a beta, and it's known that Explorer in the recent beta have some issues. Or are you suggestion that betas should be bug free and perfect? Anyway, I think seem like a nice feature. And that it currently reports one of the Windows components as having performance problems is funny, but no valid reason to bash Windows (Vista). But, please, feel free to bash it when the same thing happens again in the Final version.

Err.. what? Trademark issues? why? Windows have a force-quit feature (obviously not named the same) right now. And the OS X force quit is pretty much like the Unix 'kill' command... and even if not, it still whouldn't be a trademark issue.

Hmm... I don't really see much difference between the fonts on the screenshots and the fonts on my system now. :confused:

23. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

o_O

I havent had a single problem with my copy of Windows Vista. It runs faster than XP IMO. Only iTunes drags it down due to iTunes doesnt like Aero Glass so it has to switch back to regular Aero. :mad: