Hillary For President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by beatsme, Sep 23, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

does anybody other than me think that if Hillary gets the nomination it will virtually guarantee a Republican win in 2008?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you are not the only one, not by a long shot.

it's not "her turn". it's the old democratic guard vs. the netroot democratic movement. should be interesting to watch.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Fortunately, I think you're right. Those three words are very scary to me.

Although, I think it's about as assured a victory for the Republicans if she runs as it is for the Democrats if Jeb Bush runs. As much as I'd love to see Jeb go for President (he's been a great governor here), I don't think he'd have a chance, even perhaps against Hilary.

jW

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think we've all had enough Bushes to last several lifetimes.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I see two lackluster candidates coming from both parties this next time around. I hope Im wrong but really both parties suck and so do the front runners. We have no one representing the common man, No one. I cant get excited about Hillary just as I cant get excited about McCain. Both make me want to puke as do both parties. America is getting screwed by both every single day. What we need is a real Hero, A real person to come forward but the party structure gives us......................nothing.

What has Hillary ever done other then marry bill?......................:rolleyes:

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Not a thing.

I heard/read somewhere that she wouldn't get a vote in the south. You have to have some southern states to win.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I'm not sure the world is ready for Bill Clinton as our nation's " First Gentleman "

Just think how funny it will look to have his tux hanging there along with the inaugural gowns of all the " First Ladies " at the Smithsonian.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The parties are killing America, Both to blame, if we could get rid of these parties I wonder if it would make it easier for someone great to step forward? The party process just pollutes these people into corporation party bots. America needs a real person not the spinmasters we get from both sides. Politicians are whats screwing us. We need a non politician to run things. impossible? perhaps.:(

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

well, i don't think that's a fair thing to say. she is a senator, after all, and she was involved in politics before she even met Bill.

one thing i would find heartening about her being office is i suspect we'd finally get a president ready to really push for a national healthcare plan. not that it'd have much a chance with either 1) a non-democratic congress, or 2) the healthcare lobbies, but hey.

10. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Who in their right mind would want to inherit this mess unless it paid very well?

Can a truly honest person even get that far in politics without millions in campaign
    contributions?

We need someone in there with the power, the smarts, the ethics and the guts to take on the old guard and expose them for what they really are.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Seems the whole process makes that impossible. We get to try to choose who will screw us the least. Looking at the past 2 elections I would say we got screwed pretty well.

12. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'd like to see Condy run. C'mon, First woman president, or first woman black president? :) I'm pretty republican, and I think Condy would do a better job in the middle east than W, who I think has banged up the republican party's image quite a bit.

13. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Well they must have slipped us a date rape drug, 'cause I don't remember a damn thing about it, but
    we've definitely been totally screwed.

14. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

She doesn't have any elected experience. I'd say her running would be pretty unlikely.

Oh, and what has Hillary done other than marry Bill? A hell of a lot. Asking that question is pure crap.

Not to mention her being the most active First Lady since Roosevelt and being a Senator.

15. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

There have been some people saying that she has a chance, but I doubt she would want to. She's getting a little old, and I think she'd rather be skating at DU than dealing with foreign policy.

16. n8236 macrumors 65816

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I would rather the Anti-christ be elected than another republican. So, I guess that means I'd rather Hillary be elected.

18. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

she has a very good chance at getting the nomination -- she's got a huge war chest atm.

i'm not optimistic about her chances at winning the general, though that obviously depends on her potential opponent and the political winds. but i don't see her being able to unite the democratic party, and that's a losing proposition.

19. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

There's a difference? Just Kidding! BTW: I'm nonpartisan so I can make jokes about both sides. ;)

I'm not saying I want Hilary to run/win, but I definitely think it's time for a woman president in America.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sadly, this country would not elect a woman president. Or a black president. Or a Jewish president. Or a Muslim president. Or an Asian president....get my point? Too many chauvanist, racist, prejudice rednecks out there. I go to college in a small hick town and see it all the time. People are still racist arseholes and aren't afraid to show it. Its pretty sad....

21. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Although largely true, I still think it's possible. It depends on the choices. Elections are often, for many people, the choice of lesser evils. A black person, or a woman, or a Jew, etc., may just be not quite as bad as a _____.

22. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

1) Since when was America ALL a bunch of rednecks?
    2) Since when did Americans say "arse" instead of "ass" after the Boston Tea Party?

23. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Hillary is pretty close to being the anti-christ. I've no love for the creature. And YG17, lighten up, life is not so bad.

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

1. We had enough rednecks to get Bush elected :D
    2. I originally had ass, but assho-e is censored, so I changed it to arse :p

25. beatsme thread starter macrumors 65816

beatsme

this is kind of my point. People just seem to hate Hillary, and I for one have no earthly idea why.