Hint for a new PowerBook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fuzzybassoon, Oct 13, 2005.

1. fuzzybassoon macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2005
    So I have a quick story that may be relevant to the state of new PowerBooks. An LCD hinge on my older TiBook broke about over month ago, and since it was covered under AppleCare, so I sent it back to them. They decided to repair it, which was lucky for me, since I've heard they don't normally cover this repair.

Fast-forward to this monday, it's been over a month, and they still claim to be waiting on the part. I'm getting frustraded, since everytime they set a deadline, they push it back a week. I get escalated, and my customer rep tells me he thinks at this point I should just be sent a replacement, and it should ship this week, he said probably on Wed (yesterday).

Now I just got a call from him saying it will ship this coming Thursday (a week from today). So my question is, could this be hints of a new PowerBook model, and they're waiting to ship it? Also, if any of you have experience with this sort of thing, do they normally ship the customer a new unit, or a refurbished? The rep said it would definately be an upgrade, but couldn't tell me how much so.

EDIT: Changed naughty typo back to 'ship'.
  2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    prob not, they just don't like you jk ;) :p
    but who knows