Hints that Wii might have a camera after all?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrgreen4242, May 24, 2006.

1. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

This interview with Miyamoto, http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/24/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm, has some hints that the Wii may have a trick or two left... mainly a digital camera in/on the system.

2. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

sounds possible... course it could also be one of those deals where u upload your picture to the game company and then download a usable version on your console (tony hawk)

3. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Or you can put a JPEG on the SD card.
    Or plug your camera in to the USB port and save to the flash drive.

4. macrumors 68020

srobert

Here is part of an IGN interview with Wii Sports' creator. Loooks like he hints more about you drawing your caricature than taking a picture:

5. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It looked like the characters in Tennis were digital photos that were "drawn on", to me... which would be a sort of caricature.

Anyways, they could have software to let you trasfer photos to the Wii, via SD card, or over the internet, which then turns the photo into a set of sprites and also textures that are stored in a common, known location for games to access (hence the 3rd party support).

It'll be interesting to see what else comes of the Wii prior to launch.

6. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea i read about this last night....a page right out of sonys book if you ask me....but it would tie into the name nintendo opted...Wii.

Bless

7. macrumors 6502

Anyone remember when Perfect Dark was originally going to allow you to take a picture of yourself using the gameboy camera and map into the game for death matches? It died because there was concern over people killing virtual versions of friends and family, and they could never get it working well. Probably more to do with the latter, but in these "think of the children" and video games is the devil times....

8. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Beating your friends and family at Tennis is very different than shooting them in the face with a rifle.

9. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Unless you happen to be John McEnroe, in which case it could be similar.